Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big excitement around these parts tonight.

98BYhn1.jpg

Pfffff...your truck has dandruff, so what? :D

Wish we rould get snow... and lots of it

That's pretty cool, but they are pretty proud of it.
Seems like it would be an easy enough concept to mimic and could be done a heck of a lot cheaper.

most of the magic is the nice heavy acme screw, and the cast iron wheels. momentum. smooth.

nearly trivial to use some threaded rod, and some big nuts, and make some wheels. same function, perhaps not as nice. if you could cast metal, or weld, sure, you could do something amusing.

in both cases, you supply the wood anyway.

end result, is still a very useful vise.

IMG_20171209_213910-small.jpg

Also, this is the only time a box I've received from Ka-bar matches the contents. This thing is badass. I've always disliked the .mil versions, but I really like this one despite the fact that the differences are quite subtle.:

IMG_20171209_190159-small.jpg

what are you planning for the top half - now that you've made a hawk-et out of the bottom 1/3?
and I agree about the dog's head outdoors knife -- it's glorious.

When I saw the axe, I shrieked a little bit. :eek:

Don't worry, I have 15 worth keeping. :D

The 'hawk-et' is going to be an improvised shepherd's axe. Longer thread started over in the Axe subforum. No plans for the remainder so far, though clearly it should become *something*, even if it just gets hung on a regular haft.

IMG_20171209_213910-small.jpg

Also, this is the only time a box I've received from Ka-bar matches the contents. This thing is badass. I've always disliked the .mil versions, but I really like this one despite the fact that the differences are quite subtle.:

IMG_20171209_190159-small.jpg

You done broke yer axe...

Don't worry, I have 15 worth keeping. :D

The 'hawk-et' is going to be an improvised shepherd's axe. Longer thread started over in the Axe subforum. No plans for the remainder so far, though clearly it should become *something*, even if it just gets hung on a regular haft.

tell me more

we got some snow

upload_2017-12-10_6-1-8.png

time for bare foot naked snow angels?

Lucky dog. We were supposed to yesterday, and, as per usual, got none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back