Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am curious to know of possible new releases myself.

Sold me 12. :(

What's that? You sold your BK12?
Yeah. Have my 20 up for sale as well. I have at least 3 other knives, and a few backpacks I'm going to sell too.

Hello, miscreants. Been missing for a while, went out on vacations and now doing all I can to help my family over in PR. At least I got mom an air ticket for tomorrow, one less thing to worry about. What's new?

Hey Zulu, welcome back! We have a couple of contests running and Dubx became a moderator!

Glad to hear you guys are okay, PR got hit hard.

Welcome home Zulu.

What are you making room for the new releases :D
I need some money. Going to use some of the funds I raise to rock my cabin driveway, and a few other things.

People runnin' round loose in the world, they ain't got nothin' better to do.
Stuff happens...
AusPqZ3.jpg

cfky4i0.jpg

I feel your pain.Trust me it will get better. Its gonna hurt and your going to cry then its going to hurt more and your going to cry more. But you have to push yourself beyond what you ever thought you were capable of doing every single day. And then your going to get up and do it again.Your going to do it again and again untill you are walking. Thats the picture I want to see.

Bingo on many of the reasons already listed for decline in participation...
Life, jobs, other interests, but also a decline in contests and new products. And Facebook groups. Todd Hunt, for example, has moved operations almost solely over to Facebook. Others have done the same, which draws people away from BFC.

I just went to sell a longboard this morning, only to realize that the discussion board I'd know was gone. Not just low traffic, but gone entirely. https://medium.com/@xzykho/saying-goodbye-to-silverfish-2a73fb18cc06

Anybody want to buy a used longboard? :D

Hmmm... It has been 3.5 years since I shut down my Facebook page and I haven't looked back.

I haven't quite shut down my Facebook, but I so rarely look at it anymore. I think the only reason I keep it around is that it provides an easy format by which to create events, but even that is a pretty weak reason. I find the forums here to be a far more agreeable place, not only for discussions, but for the furtherance of this hobby of mine that has to do with knives.

I understand that "everyone" is on Facebook these days or Instagram or some other form of social media but to be quite frank, none of those platforms are better than a forum platform for the purposes of discussion and organized topics. It is such a shame that discussion boards seem to be going by the wayside... But then again, people's attention spans have kind of gotten tossed out the window too.

Never got into facebook. Have never even had an account there.

Never got into facebook. Have never even had an account there.

Good man. You will never know the horrors...

Facebook is the equivalent of managing your own little forum, just with far less organization, and, in my opinion, far less control. Sure you can hide, ignore, delete, edit, etc. But it requires an immense amount of time and effort and in the end, you have to ask yourself, "Why?". It still can't compete with the structure and organization that is present in a well built and moderated forum board. The only thing that forums have a hard time competing with is a sexy interface that provides a seamless experience for users regardless of what device they are on. People dig their apps... And people also dig affirmation, which most social media outlets provide copious opportunities for.

I feel I am a more healthy person since I started to largely neglect Facebook (I never got into any of the others, i.e. Instagram , Snapchat, etc.). Those of you who never dipped your toes into such things, trust me, you are better for it...

Just not my thing really, but have heard all about the drama. I've even seen people at church upset at each other, for something said on fb. Woo hoo.

Yeah I shut down FB a couple of years ago. Way too much drama. I was using it for what it was originally designed for - looking up and getting in touch with friends I had lost track of - but by the time I shut it down it had degenerated into a place for everyone to bitch and complain on. And post fake articles (how many times can Morgan Freeman die in one year?). I'm so much better without it. BF and a local outdoors/fishing forum is pretty much the only social media-type places I look at these days.

And for all those reasons I agree.
Facebook sucks.
Tried it for a few months and shut it down. I like Bladeforums though. :D

Tanker 1/66 said:
I feel your pain.Trust me it will get better. Its gonna hurt and your going to cry then its going to hurt more and your going to cry more. But you have to push yourself beyond what you ever thought you were capable of doing every single day. And then your going to get up and do it again.Your going to do it again and again untill you are walking. Thats the picture I want to see.

BECKERHEAD #384 KA-BAR KREW #56
Tanker 1/66, thanks for the honest assessment. I would not have guessed any different, even though I've never had any reason to imagine. He is very much in the early healing phase, the state of his skin being the big question at this point, it was a bad tear at the surface level. I'ld like to pass along your thoughts on the matter if you don't mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back