Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmoneyluv gmoneyluv Most of the time when Ghost Pepper is on the label its kind of wimpy. This was the real deal great flavor and lots of heat. I cut it thin and ate it on German Rye bread I picked up at Karl Ehmers Deutsche Fleisch shop. Boy oh boy!!!!!

Sounds perfect! Any "after effects?"

Woke up to 17 F this morning and won't be above freezing until Wednesday. That's darn cold for us rootin' tootin' Texans!

Woke up to 17 F this morning and won't be above freezing until Wednesday. That's darn cold for us rootin' tootin' Texans!
I was surprised when I woke up and it was -12° out. Still just 4°.

Haven't seen double digit temps in over a week besides negative double digits.

Jeremy

Haven't seen double digit temps in over a week besides negative double digits.

Jeremy

Me neither, but I switched my weather app to celsius a while ago.

Side note, this is my 1000th post in the BK&T subforum. What is wrong with me?

Me neither, but I switched my weather app to celsius a while ago.

Side note, this is my 1000th post in the BK&T subforum. What is wrong with me?
I hear ya man. I only have 17,216 posts here.

That's it? :D
Yep, and these last ones have been building up very slowly. Used to be a fast paced place here. I think Ethan needs to tease us with a new, upcoming blade. ;)

Was thinking of purchasing a propane heater for the cabin. Be nice to have something to turn on, as soon as you walk into a cold cabin. Was looking into a "ventless", but that's deceiving. Price is good, is about all. I would like to purchase a direct vent lp, but damn, they're pricey. Keep looking on Craigslist, I guess.

My grandpa recently mentioned getting a couple dyna-glo heaters for the house and garage. I have never heard of them, but he seems to think they are pretty good.

My grandpa recently mentioned getting a couple dyna-glo heaters for the house and garage. I have never heard of them, but he seems to think they are pretty good.

Picked up a single head Mr Heater for my nephews ice fishing shack. It has 3 different BTU outputs. But I forgot what they are. He loves it out in the garage and the ice shack.

Picked up a single head Mr Heater for my nephews ice fishing shack. It has 3 different BTU outputs. But I forgot what they are. He loves it out in the garage and the ice shack.
Was checking out both of these brands. These are what I was interested in, as the price was right, until I found out they kill the oxygen in the air. From what I've been reading, they are dangerous. The "cheaper" ones I'm interested now, the direct vent models, start in the $500-600 range, up to a few thousand. I'll just stick with the wood heat. The wood heat works great, but I was looking for something to heat it until the wood got going good, or, of course, if I ran out of wood, a back up heat source.

a glass raised to spirits passed

26047252_10215299786878704_1255010739111083511_n.jpg

@Bladite, this has me enormously intrigued! The few times I have had the occasion to sip Bruichladdich have been memorably pleasant, but none of them were of this particular type and vintage. I have never heard of an "unpeated" Islay, dare I say, Sacrilege?!

In all seriousness, I'd love to hear your tasting notes on this. I might have to educate myself on the nature of unpeated Islays.... Seems like an oxymoron.

Was checking out both of these brands. These are what I was interested in, as the price was right, until I found out they kill the oxygen in the air. From what I've been reading, they are dangerous. The "cheaper" ones I'm interested now, the direct vent models, start in the $500-600 range, up to a few thousand. I'll just stick with the wood heat. The wood heat works great, but I was looking for something to heat it until the wood got going good, or, of course, if I ran out of wood, a back up heat source.

for short term and/or supplemental heat, they're fine -- especially since I suspect your cabin isn't totally air-tight.
the mr heater blue flame units even have a "low o2" shut-off switch.
turn it on, get the cabin heating up while you haul stuff in and fire up the wood stove, then turn it back off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back