Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
cbwoods67 cbwoods67 Its would be a pain in the Arse shipping. But if you bust it up its gonna be gone quick for sure. Waiting on Christmas bills to show up sure Sucks!!!!

Dang CB, that is a heck of a deal. That BK15 would be quite the catch with everything else at that price.

I did a little poking around when I was trying to figure out pricing. It was surprising what some people were asking (and getting) for the 15's.

cbwoods67 cbwoods67 Its would be a pain in the Arse shipping. But if you bust it up its gonna be gone quick for sure. Waiting on Christmas bills to show up sure Sucks!!!!

If they don't sell in a couple weeks, I will probably split them up.

I hear you about the bills. Definitely has something to do with putting these up for sale.

the dimple on that 11 is a "2nd" mark.

Huh. That's good to know.
I thought it similar to the dimple left from RC testing that I remember from my time working in the factory. Although they would probably do that before painting I guess.
Can't see any flaws that would give this "2nd" status.

cbwoods67 cbwoods67 , I'd love to have that 15 if you do decide to split up!

Made some more kindling...
usfDibk.jpg

and then chilled by the fire...
X5vhIvm.jpg

Huh. That's good to know.
I thought it similar to the dimple left from RC testing that I remember from my time working in the factory. Although they would probably do that before painting I guess.
Can't see any flaws that would give this "2nd" status.

they're generally cosmetic like a slightly uneven grind, slightly under length/weight, or a run in the paint.
I'm betting you picked that one up at E's.
they work fine and like you said, if it wasn't marked you'd never know it was out of spec.

they're generally cosmetic like a slightly uneven grind, slightly under length/weight, or a run in the paint.
they work fine and like you said, if it wasn't marked you'd never know it was out of spec.

You may be right. I remember I came home with a bunch of blades from Dex. I must have got that 11 from the box of goodies. I'll make a note of it in the sale thread.

cbwoods67 cbwoods67 , I'd love to have that 15 if you do decide to split up!

Made some more kindling...
usfDibk.jpg

and then chilled by the fire...
X5vhIvm.jpg

I already had someone ask for dibs if I split them up, but you are second on the list.

Looks like you had a good day. :thumbsup:

Pretty gloomy rainy day here, but I did go out for a hike and chill the other day. Did a little cold weather test of some camping gear. Going to have to make adjustments to this one or make another underquilt if I want to comfortably camp below 20*.

NorsXirh.jpg

basically nothing wrong with it that someone outside of KaBar could see.

no warranty though. not that i've every heard of one failing.

if that BK15 wants to be sold separate, this guy has the cash :D

The defects on my factory second 11 and 14 are pretty obvious. On my BK9 it is very subtle. None of them effect function at all.

The defect on the 14 is actually awesome. The blade has no straight edge and is pretty much all belly. I havent had a chance to use it yet but am excited to give it a try. :)

GDiVBsJ.jpg

Last edited:
I bought an unused Vic Camper at a thrift shop a few years back for $4. It was in a box of Chinese knock offs. I took the scales off a few times to clean out the grime under them. The scales ended up getting loose. In the mean time, my son bought me a Vic Huntsman for Christmas. The Huntsman is the same as the Camper, but has the scissors. Anywhos, I bought some new scales for the Camper. The kit included a new toothpick, tweezers, and came with a lanyard. I cleaned it all up with alcohol, and replaced the scales. Gifted it to my wife. Before and after:

That's pretty slick. I had no idea that you could get replacement kits for those. I've never had the need but I have certainly seen others who have broken or cracked the covers. Sure beats having to get a whole new knife or putting duct tape on it (Yeah, I've seen that too...)

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that my daughter’s a good fisherman in spite of me, not because of me :rolleyes:

That is just plain fantastic! I enjoy all of your posts, my friend. It inspires me to get my kids out and about more.

I did a little poking around when I was trying to figure out pricing. It was surprising what some people were asking (and getting) for the 15's.

I just scooped up a 15, should be here any day now. I likely paid a premium for it but I've been looking for one and I've seen them go for more than what I paid BNIB so I am not complaining too much. I had the cash and was willing to part with it. :D

Crazy that everybody wants a 15 now. I have one and absolutely love it. It is one of my favorite knives. I have come close to buying a backup many times. One of these days!

Crazy that everybody wants a 15 now. I have one and absolutely love it. It is one of my favorite knives. I have come close to buying a backup many times. One of these days!

I think it is because of guys like you telling us all it is your favorite. :D

Honestly though, it does seem that the trailing point was a highly underrated blade at the time that the 15 was more widely available. I like the 5 quite a bit, but it is a big knife and sometimes you don't need something so large. I am looking forward to giving the 15 a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back