Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, I propose 'Snark like it's 2019' for the next thread title.
Old, shmold. Or is it mold? I forget.

Small party rescue practice. We ran a counterbalance haul, a Spanish pendulum, a diminishing loop, and a bottom-up single-rope rescue. I also did a one-man 7:1 haul using a lightweight, complex MA system.

FB_IMG_1515427224418.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427281214.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427297054.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427291936.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427267173.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427307144.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427301676.jpg
FB_IMG_1515427313608.jpg

Guyon Guyon Really impressive Guyon. I hope that I never need your expertise on one of my climbs. But it is reassuring knowing you and yours are ready willing and able.

Guyon Guyon Really impressive Guyon. I hope that I never need your expertise on one of my climbs. But it is reassuring knowing you and yours are ready willing and able.

Stay safe up there! I got into the rescue aspect because I like to rappel and do vertical caving, and my thinking is that, if I'm going to do this stuff, I better know how to get myself or a friend out of a jam. The rescue skills have come in handy more than once.

Will be this June. Need to work more on meds. I've been concentrating mostly on the rope stuff just because I enjoy it.

Right on. I can see how it would be fun.

There's a WFR class offered through my college that I'm thinking about taking. As much time as I spend in the woods it could come in handy some day. Also would look good on a resume.

I'd be interested to read your experience when you get done.

They ran one at Randall's place last month. Heard it was fun. Also heard it's going to be ramped up next go around.

Well, I just read the entire Snarktoberfest thread, just in time for the start of the Janusnarkapolooza thread.

Figured it was the Curse of the Mod. Whenever someone gets knighted with a modship, they seem to disappear for a while. Except Bladite. That dude’s sticks around like an STD the responsible mod he is.

Bladite is the original STD. Like syphilis. Or tuberculosis. As for me... just taking a walkabout. I was absent from BFC for eighteen months once. Sometimes, you just have to recharge.

Selling knives is interesting these days. $30 for a gold membership then $14 to mail a $50 knife that cost me $100 new. I sold enough of them that I got some money in my pocket, and achieved my main goal to get them off the shelf where they'd sit forever, but still.... If only I'd known back in the day, I'd have gotten an Opinel no 6, a Mora, and an Imcasa machete, and I'd have been good to go.

I didn't really mean that :)

I hear ya' on the shipping costs. I too am about to purge. What's staying? Beckers, ESEEs, and Hunts. I'll live.

Hey guys. Hope everyone is doing good. I miss this forum. It gets old trying to explain why i love knives to non-knife people. Anyway i wanted to mention.. there is a unicorn on thE bay... here is a hint for those who may not know... search camillus prototype. It is dealing with helicopters and from what i understand only a handful were ever made.. it would be cool if another beckerhead ended up with it. Cheers happy thanksgiving.

Did a BK-8 trade hands? I hope Bladite got it. I threatened to lick the naked spine of his BK-8 once.

Since the streak is broken, I have a question for you folks.

Is there anyone still around who got in on the run of Beckerhead growlers a few years ago?

I am having a heck of time with the lid on one of mine. The metal cover (which I assume is covering the actual lid) spins freely when I turn it, making it quite difficult to open. Curious if any of you have had the same issue, or if I am just being stupid.

Hey CB,
Just contact Innate and they will send you a new lid. Seems that the tolerances were off by a hair. When you put cold liquids (beer) in the growler, the plastic (in the lid) and metal covering contract at different rates causing the metal cover to spin on the plastic insert.

The pressure thing made me think. I had some coffee in it when the lid stuck. Ran it under hot water for a little bit and it came right off.
Thanks for the idea.

Mine did the same thing, and Innate sent me a new lid. It's better but still spins when really cold. Hot water trick resolves the issue.

If you were stuck in the cabin all winter. Ginger or Maryann? Maryann is my pick.Cute as a button, down to earth, and low maintenence

Mary Ann every time and twice on Tuesdays.

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that my daughter’s a good fisherman in spite of me, not because of me :rolleyes:

Freakin' awesome!!!

This was a gift to myself for my 54th B-Day. Climb the West half of the Devils Path in December. It was about 12º and a 13 mile Climb/Hike to Summit Hunter Mountain at about 3800ft then onto Diamond Notch Falls and Westkill Mountain at 3880ft. A fresh foot of snow made the climb pretty interesting lol. Needless to say it was a race against the sunset. Didnt take very many pictures they just weren't a priority compared to my Grayl filter freezing up. And a front coming in. Great climb But being completely alone and climbing made me realize that I'm strong as an ox, stubborn as a mule, and dumb as a stump. I wouldn't want it any other way.

Guyon Guyon I'm glad I didn't need your skills and Brother I hope I never do.

wasn't me that got the phill gibbs helicopter egress too...

but i can guess who, since he said he just got one...

Geez Guyon Guyon , the next time you stroll in here showing off pics of your outdoor sex swing setup, mind throwin’ in a NSFW (not safe for wife) tag on it? You should see the looks I get when she looks over my shoulder....

Last edited:
wasn't me that got the phill gibbs helicopter egress too...

but i can guess who, since he said he just got one...

I need scales for mine.

No pig commentary? What have we become?

Heading to the cabin for a few days. Supposed to get snow Sunday night into Monday morning down there. Have had the place for over 3 1/2 years, and has only snowed once, while we were leaving, of course. 10th wedding anniversary is Friday. We have the week off. Don't think we're going to stay at the cabin until next Friday though. Probably go get a hotel somewhere for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back