Snarktoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need scales for mine.
No pig commentary? What have we become?

except for special opportunities, i'm effectively out of the knife swirl for a good while...

resources are better spent on tools, both [very] modern and old school unplugged...

course, i also don't want to end up being a collector of that as such, but it's hard to turn down the lovelies when they are super clean and close to free. fantastic stuff. folding draw knives of such beauty, really excellent hand drills that honestly make a lot of the battery stuff look sad (impact drivers are another story). the saws - that old steel. the lack of DUST. oh my. i may never touch a powered router if my skills are sharp. yee hah.

48 degrees. Perfect evening for a fire.

PiGdFY0.jpg

Participating in an ice fishing competition on Wolf Lake NY in the morning. 6º 30mph winds high of 21º Much fun ahead

what's the green stuff?
where's all the white stuff?

The green stuff is the stuff that forgot we had a hard freeze ago. Kind of like the mosquito that was in my truck the other day. It's supposed to get cold again this week. Hopefully it won't hurt the fig tree that's already decided it's time to put on leaves.

We put the last of the white stuff in the freezer before it all melted off my truck that morning. We were going to pull it back out on Christmas day and look at it again, but we forgot. Maybe next year.

Last edited:
what's the green stuff?
where's all the white stuff?
Well I think there is some grass and a little Sago pup all by its lonesome, but I never heard of white stuff. Not round these parts anyway, 'cept on late night tv news. Heck, we had one rain storm this winter, this place be like a desert.
~~~
Bladite, old tools never die, but not all tools really live.

Last edited:
woke to a white world -- yay!
just in time to insulate the pastures from the deep freeze we're dropping back into tomorrow.

woke to a white world -- yay!
just in time to insulate the pastures from the deep freeze we're dropping back into tomorrow.
We, like Dunk, have a bit of the green, but it's mostly brown. Nothing to help with the freeze this coming week. 40-50 degrees during the day, mid-20s at night... Had to disconnect the hoses from the hose bibs and haul water buckets from the house to water the chickens and goats. The bees are on their own!

P.S. Haven't posted in a while. I'm not dead, just busy.

Busy is ok. Just came in from trimming my queen palm. I brought that home when the top just barely hung out of the truck bed. That was 20 years ago. Now I need a 24' extension ladder. :cool:

IOTLP

If everyone who comes into this thread to read this message left a reply, we could kill this one off this evening. :D

But I have! Every once in a sometimes!

Or we could leave it open until February letting it cover a full one-third of the year.

We'd save a ton of work only having to come up with three snark titles in 2018

I went on a hike on Saturday, there was green and (sorta) sun for once so I couldn’t pass it up. We hiked until it got dark, no knife work but we found a creepy mineshaft half-filled with running water.

SAqMqbx.jpg

jgMpMcg.jpg

sPW7V23.jpg

t1vEyxx.jpg

Looks like someone didn't like the "Do Not Enter" sign.

Since the sign was down, did y'all do any spelunking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back