Sneak Peak

So I have been a fan of Andy Roy and Dylan Fletcher's work for some time now, frequent both sub forums and have some of their knives. I'd first saw Damon's work on Dylan's forum and really liked the looks of what I saw. Then one day I look and see he has his own hosted forum. I immediately loved what I saw...

I have the honor of being a Beckerhead and get to help organize/coordinate/clean up and such for the BeckerWest Gathering. So I thought these are some blades that these Beckerheads would love to try. I PM'd Damon to see if he would send us a knife to play with at the Gathering. Here is what came in the mail...

All I can say is wow!!! This knife is one of the finest crafted knives I have ever had the pleasure of holding. It came out of the box probably the sharpest knife I have ever held, the fit and finish is impeccable, and the ergonomics are outstanding. After about half an hour I PM'd Damon and placed an order.

Did I mention it was sharp...

This is just a sneak peak of a full review and testing that will come after the BeckerWest Gathering. We plan on comparing its performance compared to other similar size blades, it is has a 4" blade and is 9" overall. The boys are gonna love this one and plan to beat it like it was stolen. Here is a link to the gathering all are welcome...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...kerWest-2014-Spring-Gathering-April-25th-27th

Do I love this knife?

Last edited:
Very cool of Damon to send that knife out!
This looks like an outstanding blade that's just begging to be used.
I can't wait to try it out at Beckerwest!
Thanks Damon!
I'll be sure to let you know what I think of it.

I'd love to just be in the same area of the woods with that blade. I'm looking forward to it.

What a kickass piece!!!

I gotta tell you guys I'm a smaller knife guy and take much more stock into how well a knife does the fine work then how much of a beating it can take. This is like a BK16 on steroids! It's the best of both worlds...

So I put this blade through the ringer tonight for about an hour straight. Chopped, batoned, baton cut etc. I'm really impressed by its performance. Edge retention after an hour beating...

Still shaves newspaper with ease.

Thanks for the post. I think its better for people to hear about a knife from the public and not the maker. Thanks for all the support!!

Thanks a lot for doing this for us Beckerheads. I've got to put a few hours into this blade so far and it is just an absolute work horse! Everyone I've been able to show it loves how stout, sharp and incredibly comfortable it is, it really has been a pleasure to use. April 25th the real testing begins, roughly 30 people will have their hands on this beauty.

Hey Damon. Thanks for offering this one up for us to try out at BeckerWest!! I had a few minutes with this very nice blade and I must say, it is a very fine specimen of craftsmanship and functionality...I love this knife!!! Wish I could have kept it!! You will be hearing from me.

Thanks again!!

Tom

Thanks for letting us use this knife over the weekend.
The AK2 is an amazing knife!
Excellent fit and finish, well balanced, and screaming sharp!
You do great work Damon and your knife impressed all of us Beckerheads at the gathering.

Here's a few pics of me and Abrasion making some wet wood fire with the AK2:

Your welcome guys. Glad to see it in use and not sitting in the closet! Sounds like everyone was happy with the performance.

Back