Sneaky New Spydercos

Cliffpaleo

Basic Member
While exploring the new website after I got the notification that the lightweight police 4 dropped, I found some interesting new things.
There were no images, but the product descriptions and specs were available.
They are listed under the New Product Reveal tab.
Needless to say that some things caught my eye. There were several new models. A new lockback Lc200n knife. This is a collab with the same designer behind the WaterWay, Lance Clinton. It’s called the Siren. The blade is somewhat large at around 3.6 inches and it has a g10 handle. The details listed make it sound very interesting. I would suggest looking at the app to get more details.
It also listed the upcoming cru-wear/micarta shaman, a lightweight tenacious, a new kitchen knife called the Counter Puppy, black blade lightweight para3, and the Straight spine Stretch. Most of which I’m very interested in.
What do you guys and gals think?

Scheming-Conan-late-night-with-conan-obrien-9887387-230-187.gif

I'm intrigued to see this straight spine Stretch. I'm also sure the lightweight Tenacious will be the ultimate budget knife, even though I was quite happy with the regular Tenacious.

The Stretch is supposed to be a sprint a sprint run. It will have Ivory FRN handles and the blade steel is vg10. Sounds pretty cool. The material combo should also keep the price down. I’ll be interested to see how it compares to the regular Stretch2 and the new Endela.

I am most interested in the LC200N Siren. But I bet the Cruwear Shaman (or ANYTHING) will sell like hotcakes. I’m not so interested in the lightweights—my Para3 is just fine with liner—but obviously some folks love anything lightweight. My exception might be the lightweight Police FRN. I have the stainless model in plain edge, so a FRN version in serrated might be nice.

The Siren is the most interesting to me as well.
I still don’t know the blade shape.
I saw something on another forum where a member wanted another hawkbill blade shape that he called the Siren. Possible connection?
However, I find this somewhat unlikely since the specs list the grind as a full flat. If it were a hawkbill I’d imagine they’d go with serrations.
Also, the lightweight police and tenacious will have steel liners. So no worries there.

The dlc para 3 lw sounds intriguing. I've been looking at getting a LW but haven't yet. Might wait for the dlc one to drop.

While exploring the new website after I got the notification that the lightweight police 4 dropped, I found some interesting new things.
There were no images, but the product descriptions and specs were available.
They are listed under the New Product Reveal tab.
Needless to say that some things caught my eye. There were several new models. A new lockback Lc200n knife. This is a collab with the same designer behind the WaterWay, Lance Clinton. It’s called the Siren. The blade is somewhat large at around 3.6 inches and it has a g10 handle. The details listed make it sound very interesting. I would suggest looking at the app to get more details.
It also listed the upcoming cru-wear/micarta shaman, a lightweight tenacious, a new kitchen knife called the Counter Puppy, black blade lightweight para3, and the Straight spine Stretch. Most of which I’m very interested in.
What do you guys and gals think?
I just noticed that a user on Spyderco’s main forum has caught wind of this thread.
I originally intended to post this there, however, I do not have an account set up. I’m currently waiting on an email to register. Once that comes through I’ll be posting on there too.
They mentioned that they couldn’t see the new models. Has anyone else been able to find them? If not and you have any questions about specs or materials, I’ll gladly try to answer. I hope that I’m not taking advantage of a marketing mistake by Spyderco.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think it all too bad that you discovered their existence, it's not much different from when they used to announce new product months in advance.

Was hoping to see a CF Lil Native sprint in your list :( Oh well, I can save my money haha.
I would expect more to revealed in the future. Spyderco’s been teasing a lot lately.
Just recently at the USN gathering in Vegas they showed prototypes for a number of other new models. They include a Slysz Swayback akin to the Slysz Bowie, a new Nirvana, multiple Shaman sprints, larger Yojimbo, a tanto, wharncliffe, and wave Pm2, and a smaller, flipper, Subvert.
There’s also talks of a little Chokwe that will be a compression lock with carbon fiber scales.

Last edited:
Awesome! And no i don't see it on the website. Must have read this thread lol

Edit: my bad i do see it on the app!

Last edited:
The Stretch is supposed to be a sprint a sprint run. It will have Ivory FRN handles and the blade steel is vg10. Sounds pretty cool. The material combo should also keep the price down. I’ll be interested to see how it compares to the regular Stretch2 and the new Endela.

Hmmmm... I’m trying to picture this, but can’t seem to wrap my mind around it.

One of the things I like about the stretch is that funky, but useful blade shape. Some people don’t dig it, but it just looks cool to me and works great to fest a finger on for fine cuts.

Hmmmm... I’m trying to picture this, but can’t seem to wrap my mind around it.

One of the things I like about the stretch is that funky, but useful blade shape. Some people don’t dig it, but it just looks cool to me and works great to fest a finger on for fine cuts.
My guess is it will look like a Delica/PM2 but with a Stretch edge.

I just noticed that a user on Spyderco’s main forum has caught wind of this thread.
I originally intended to post this there, however, I do not have an account set up. I’m currently waiting on an email to register. Once that comes through I’ll be posting on there too.
They mentioned that they couldn’t see the new models. Has anyone else been able to find them? If not and you have any questions about specs or materials, I’ll gladly try to answer. I hope that I’m not taking advantage of a marketing mistake by Spyderco.
You can on the App not on the Web site, I wasn't aware of this app's existence until reading this post this morning so a big thank you for that.
Info channeled thru Spyderbyte is pretty scarce..
The Police 4 LW still shows Preorder status everywhere I checked. Do you mean that it's now getting shipped to retailers?

You can on the App not on the Web site, I wasn't aware of this app's existence until reading this post this morning so a big thank you for that.
Info channeled thru Spyderbyte is pretty scarce..
The Police 4 LW still shows Preorder status everywhere I checked. Do you mean that it's now getting shipped to retailers?
I believe it was shipping to dealers. I’m not exactly sure since I can’t view the notification. In any case, it should be available soon.

The Siren just showed up on the main website and I'm liking the looks of it. Would make a good match to the Autonomy that I already have, so I'll add it to my potential "to buy list.

Back