so another walmart exclusive buck...

I've been on here for quite awhile and really just casually read and post sometimes. I honestly thought the "general knife" section was where everything was posted.........I just found this section. (Smh)

That being said I picked one of these up today along with another WM exclusive (780 excert) and on this one my blade is off and it rubs. Anyone else have this issue.
the 780 rubs or the 293wm?

my 293wm is good. very little side to side play, no rub. I'm used to autos and many have a tiny bit of side to side play for the spring work well. so it doesnt bother me. most play if minor doesnt bother me. really doesnt affect cutting. more of cosmetic/annoying type bother than a function bother.

you can always return to buck to get adjusted or even walmart and swap for one that is better, I'd imagine.

the 780 rubs or the 293wm?

my 293wm is good. very little side to side play, no rub. I'm used to autos and many have a tiny bit of side to side play for the spring work well. so it doesnt bother me. most play if minor doesnt bother me. really doesnt affect cutting. more of cosmetic/annoying type bother than a function bother.

you can always return to buck to get adjusted or even walmart and swap for one that is better, I'd imagine.

Its the 293wm that rubs and the blade isn't centered. I went thru my plier drawer last night and tried everything and anything to fit that pivot nut and I got lucky with a cheap Ozark trail multitool but it still rubbed. So I actually just filled out my repair form for them cause im sending back my 143 Paklite with a badly jacked up grind on the blade from the factory.

Anyone figure out how to adjust the pivot screw besides bent log nose pliers? Is there a specific tool. Wonder what Buck would use to adjust the pivot screw.

Looks like you need to take a flat screw driver bit and grind out the middle. There are 2 prong bits called security bits. Not sure you can find the right one.

Looks like the same assisted open mechanism on my Buck 290 which failed (i.e. got too weak to open the blade). Had to send it back to Buck for repair. They said they have newer, stronger springs and it works fine now.

Looks like you need to take a flat screw driver bit and grind out the middle. There are 2 prong bits called security bits. Not sure you can find the right one.

Theres a small driver kit you can buy at Pep Boy's or Harbour Freight that has those bits in it. They're actually well made for where you're purchasing them at...

Back