So I bit the bullet and bought my first Sebenza

Congratulations on the Sebenza, it truly is a exceptional knife. If you're like me, a Strider and CRK is carried most every day and makes me happy. Sometimes, I get into a fight with myself on which one to use. That pic made me smile :).....may she serve you for a long time.

Krissig, read that thread, Quit feeding the trolls, especially when they're just plain ignorant.

Congratulations on the Sebenza, it truly is a exceptional knife. If you're like me, a Strider and CRK is carried most every day and makes me happy. Sometimes, I get into a fight with myself on which one to use. That pic made me smile :).....may she serve you for a long time.

Krissig, read that thread, Quit feeding the trolls, especially when they're just plain ignorant.

But they so hungry:D

Guess you're right. Not worth it

Thanks man. I am exactly like that with my knives. My Davis, and SNG fight for pocket time everyday. This small 21 will fill a void in my current setup that requires a smaller yet capable blade.

Careful BB, there's some members here that would have serious issues with that statement. Just look at the "four knives or sebenza thread" :rolleyes:

IN MY OPINION, you're absolutely right. It's the perfect knife to me.

Do not make other members the topic of conversation. There is no reason to antagonize and create a problem in a thread that is doing just fine.

Thanks

Jason

Cool!
Glad you "get it"...

The Sebenza (and Umnumzaan) are the only 2 folders that I'd be willing to put up to any challenge. I have a lot of knives with fancy materials, flippers, bearings, tritium/moon glow inlays, the latest super-steel, etc. and the sebenza is still the only knife that continues to always put a smile on my face.

Like others have said, it's about simplicity. You can be as innovative as you want, but you won't "better" the sebenza, it's the only knife that's perfect in every way, but first you have to "understand" the sebenza to know that.

The Sebenza is what every knife should be, but never will be...

Awesome post. Sad that you felt the need to drop that pile of verbal dog$hit in one of the very few unbiased initial reviews we may see for a long time. I know, you couldn't help but 'contribute'......

Anyway, back on topic.

Thank you Mark for a truly fair and impartial account of your experience with a small 21 to this point.

I know you well enough to know that you give each and every knife you own a fair evaluation based on nothing more than your user experience with them.
I think that's as good as it gets.

When someone can put an opinion of a knife on this or any other forum, and have no pre-conceived opinions, or any other bias effect their experience, it really helps the rest of us.
Also helps when that opinion is formed by using the knife, and man, you do that!

Thanks for doing this.

Do not make other members the topic of conversation. There is no reason to antagonize and create a problem in a thread that is doing just fine.

Thanks

Jason

For the record, I am not antagonizing, unless pointing out useless fanboy banter is considered antagonizing?

I am sure you will let me know Morrow, it's just that posts like that, are what begin to ruin threads like this.....

Haha. I don't want to grow up either!!!

Haha. I've been told that a time or two.

Haha. I need to stay off the exchange!

So true. It's rides in my pocket very well. Goes unnoticed throughout the day. I find myself checking to make sure it's still there. Where at in Pittsburgh are you from? I lived in South Park for 26 years. The wife and I are hoping to get back to PA soon.

I live in the South Hills, wife is from Bethel Park, I'm in South Park frequently.

Awesome post. Sad that you felt the need to drop that pile of verbal dog$hit in one of the very few unbiased initial reviews we may see for a long time. I know, you couldn't help but 'contribute'......

Anyway, back on topic.

Thank you Mark for a truly fair and impartial account of your experience with a small 21 to this point.

I know you well enough to know that you give each and every knife you own a fair evaluation based on nothing more than your user experience with them.
I think that's as good as it gets.

When someone can put an opinion of a knife on this or any other forum, and have no pre-conceived opinions, or any other bias effect their experience, it really helps the rest of us.
Also helps when that opinion is formed by using the knife, and man, you do that!

Thanks for doing this.

Anytime Alex!!
It's only fair to give it a fighting chance just like info with every other blade I own and have owned. I will run it through its paces and compile my findings and see where it stands against my other knives.

It is supposed to stay nice here the rest of the week. If I get lucky, maybe I'll use the seb to skin a squirrel this coming weekend! That's a real test for me. I have chipped more blades on squirrel bones, and dulled them like no other on their hide. Plus who doesn't want to see some tasty meat cut up with an edc knife!!

I live in the South Hills, wife is from Bethel Park, I'm in South Park frequently.

That's crazy man. I went to SP High School. I have a lot of friends from Bethel Park. All of my buddies still in in and around South Park. Small world!!

That's crazy man. I went to SP High School. I have a lot of friends from Bethel Park. All of my buddies still in in and around South Park. Small world!!

There are a lot of Pittsburgh people here on BF, I grew up in Plum, but the South Hills is my kinda place. I like it here.

Thanks

Jason

Sorry Morrow. Won't happen again

This thread IS doing great right now:thumbup:

Hey, no problem man;)

Anytime you want a unbiased knife review, hit me up. I'll tell you whatever you wanna hear about any knife :thumbup:

There are a lot of Pittsburgh people here on BF, I grew up in Plum, but the South Hills is my kinda place. I like it here.

I have found that more in the last few months. I love the south hills! I miss it there bad.

Hey, no problem man;)

Anytime you want a unbiased knife review, hit me up. I'll tell you whatever you wanna hear about any knife :thumbup:

Any knife? Never mind......
I would love to respond, but I am going to respect this thread and Morrow's request. I leave it that....

When you ever get back here, PM or e mail me, we can meet up for a beer or pop.

Sounds great man. I usually get back there about twice a year. I miss yuengling!! Can't get it west of the Mississippi! I always smuggle some back when I'm there.

Excellent review and pics - thanks for sharing!

Thanks man! I appreciate it. Hopefully I will have a few more pictures up as the usage continues. I would have taken some today, but was a little hard while I was teaching students how to use a smoke machine on a EVAP system.

Back