So I bit the bullet and bought my first Sebenza

Only in some bars and pubs....I saw it recently at a bar in North Hollywood called NoBar. They must order from secondary distributors.

Hipsters have destroyed the world.....is my answer....

Haha. That's funny.

Good write up and congrats on your 1st Sebenza. :thumbup:

Thanks for the insightful and informative review. Really glad you're enjoying it and putting it to work even with those big meat hooks of yours. Your review of the Military led me to finally give that knife a chance, and it's one of my favorite knives now. I've been EDCing a small 21 for awhile, and it's a good worker. Got rid of my SnG, but that's a good looking one you've got there. :thumbup:

Thanks for the insightful and informative review. Really glad you're enjoying it and putting it to work even with those big meat hooks of yours. Your review of the Military led me to finally give that knife a chance, and it's one of my favorite knives now. I've been EDCing a small 21 for awhile, and it's a good worker. Got rid of my SnG, but that's a good looking one you've got there. :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments! I really try hard to I've a full non biased review of my own personal findings. I know that when I am considering buying a new knife, I like to find good solid reviews with a variety of information that can help me develop an educated decision on what to get or not to get.

I try to setup my mini-reviews in a way that I would want if I was lookin for info on a specific blade.

I really love The military as well. I sadly sold it, but hope to own another on in the near future.

Thanks on the SNG! I love it. It has great ergo' sin the hand and then PD1 steel is amazing!

Well it passed the Sandwich cutting test at lunch today. I picked up a Deli sandwich while I was out running errands over my lunch. The thing was big enough that I cut in half and gave the other section to my co-worker. He then proceeded to ask If he could borrow my knife to cut his half in half. I gladly handed him the Seb and he slices it up. Hitting the plate every time that he cut through. I did the same when I cut my half in half after him. I was curious to see how the edge held up after hitting the porcelain. Much to my surprise it still slices paper with minimal effort and will shave hair with a little more effort than I would like.

Although I do not think that this blade is the best slicer I have, it is doing pretty good, and holding the edge just fine for what I need.

I will try to get some pics later today.

Congrats on your first seb. I'm glad you 'get it' about CRK's. I'm surprised you didn't get a large instead of a small tho. I tied a

piece of raw hide with a big knot on the end to make the handle a little longer on my small....I have big hands too.

A few weeks from now you're going to like it more than you do now! I have several CRK's now and really don't need any more.

I know they're made than a couple of customs that I've had/have.

Congrats on your first seb. I'm glad you 'get it' about CRK's. I'm surprised you didn't get a large instead of a small tho. I tied a

piece of raw hide with a big knot on the end to make the handle a little longer on my small....I have big hands too.

A few weeks from now you're going to like it more than you do now! I have several CRK's now and really don't need any more.

I know they're made than a couple of customs that I've had/have.

Thanks man. I like it so far. It's got its work cut out for it though. It's going up against my Alan Davis folder and my PD1 SNG.

I decided to go with a small do a few reasons. I could afford the lower cost at the moment, and I have no other small knife other than my VIC Farmer. I wanted something to toss in the EDC rotation that was around this size. Plus if I want a larger blade , I just reach for the two other knives I just mentioned.

I like the simple non-inlay Seb too. I've had mine for a long time now.

Just sold mine, as hard as I tried to really like this knife I just can't. I like my benchmades and spydercos' I guess. $150 is definitely my point of diminishing return for folders. The magic never happened, I never "got it". Glad I scratched the itch, but I'm going back to my benchmade griptilian and Spyderco military is in the mail.

People love the knife, but there was basically nothing I liked about the Sebenza, wasn't even that sharp out of the box.

Just sold mine, as hard as I tried to really like this knife I just can't. I like my benchmades and spydercos' I guess. $150 is definitely my point of diminishing return for folders. The magic never happened, I never "got it". Glad I scratched the itch, but I'm going back to my benchmade griptilian and Spyderco military is in the mail.

People love the knife, but there was basically nothing I liked about the Sebenza, wasn't even that sharp out of the box.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of when someone congratulates someone for "getting it". I mean you either like it (not necessarily instantly) or you don't. It sounds condescending to those who decide they don't want one or didn't like it.

There have been times where I've rotated in some of my Benchmades and Spydies and realize how fun and sometimes more stress free they are to carry and use and I love my 3, soon to be 4, CRK. There was a time several months ago when I thought to myself I could get rid of everything and carry just my Ritter mini grip for years and be happy. I love that blade. Of course I won't do that, but the variety is fun and keeps it fresh. You will love the Military by the way.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of when someone congratulates someone for "getting it". I mean you either like it (not necessarily instantly) or you don't. It sounds condescending to those who decide they don't want one or didn't like it.

There have been times where I've rotated in some of my Benchmades and Spydies and realize how fun and sometimes more stress free they are to carry and use and I love my 3, soon to be 4, CRK. There was a time several months ago when I thought to myself I could get rid of everything and carry just my Ritter mini grip for years and be happy. I love that blade. Of course I won't do that, but the variety is fun and keeps it fresh. You will love the Military by the way.

I totally agree. Hell, I am a huge Spyderco fan and do not care for the PM2.....Does nothing for me....some people act like it is heresy. People that like the Sebenza get why they like it, people that don't like it, get why they don't. There can be no logical argument that proves that the people that get it are somehow better then those that don't....which seems to be the implications.

I am glad that the OP is actually using his. Seems like most of the people that get it, have never used it.

Last edited:
I am glad that the OP is actually using his. Seems like most of the people that get it, have never used it.

Never could figure that one out either.

Could be the reason why some sell them though, or don't like them. :confused:

I use mine. :thumbup:

Some call the Sebenza the Mercedes of folders.
When my Mom took me to Germany in 1981, I found out the taxi cars were Mercedes-Benz.
Use that Sebenza.
rolf

Never could figure that one out either.

Could be the reason why some sell them though, or don't like them. :confused:

I use mine. :thumbup:
Could be because it's often many people's first foray into the more expensive ($300+) realm and find it excruciating to get the slightest scratch on it and have a lot of fear of losing it which is 110% completely understandable. IMHO that mindset takes all the fun out of it, and if I feel that way I'd rather just get rid of them and don't blame others for doing so.

I will admit it took me awhile to finally sharpen one up and put it to work to see what my own thoughts were. I've been putting my large 21 to heavy use lately, and I've been pleasantly surprised so far based on things I've read and have found it to be quite comfortable doing heavy cutting when I thought nothing could beat a Spyderco at that. Sometimes we just have to separate the wheat from the chaff (how about that cliche) and find out for ourselves.

Back