So I bit the bullet and bought my first Sebenza

I tried a Sebenza a long time ago and didn't keep it. What I did for a living dictated a need for a hard use, abuse-loving knife. The Sebenza isn't that, to me, and I went back to carrying fixed blade knives for work.

But, now my career path has turned a bit more corporate, and I picked up another Sebenza. Got one that was built on my birthday completely by accident.

Congrats. It's great when someone finds a knife they truly love and use. For some people that's the Sebenza, but not me. Every time I've had the money, I've considered a sebenza, but three times it's been overlooked. Two of those I later on. August 13 to October I went through an ungodly number of knives (for me at least). Oddly enough, the knife that really floats my boat has been one I picked up 6 weeks ago. A made in China Kizer. I've owned an sng, understand your love for it. Sold mine to pay some bills and to save for one in other than dreaded s30v two weeks ago I fell on ice, sprained my right wrist and dislocated my thumb. Killed me to have to carry on my left side. I'm a lefty, but learned to use knives righty, being a right handed world.

Best of luck, I'm glad you love the sebenza, maybe someday I will too.

I tried a Sebenza a long time ago and didn't keep it. What I did for a living dictated a need for a hard use, abuse-loving knife. The Sebenza isn't that, to me, and I went back to carrying fixed blade knives for work.

But, now my career path has turned a bit more corporate, and I picked up another Sebenza. Got one that was built on my birthday completely by accident.

Oh no, make no mistake. This was a sign

:D

Some call the Sebenza the Mercedes of folders.
When my Mom took me to Germany in 1981, I found out the taxi cars were Mercedes-Benz.
Use that Sebenza.
rolf

Case in point. They use a Mercedes because they actually need a car that works great, lasts long, doesn't look like either a Hummer or a Ferrari but has simple understated elegance. And power under the hood.

I feel the sebbies are just that. No nonsene tool design with great tolerances. For me personally, a bit too bland.

The mnandi is my choice.

Back