So.....I have an older 21 Carbon fiber Small...will the scale fit my new Sebenza 31?

Searched and searched and couldn't find any info on this. Haven't tried to swap yet but wondering out of curiosity if it would fit? I really like the action on my Sebenza 31 but Chris Reeve doesn't seem to be making the Sebenza 31 in Carbon Fiber any more (shame!). Has anyone tried this swap with success?

Cheers

I thought that knife art was still going to offer the CF slab Sebenza? Where did you hear otherwise???
As for you question- I don’t have a CF 21 or I would try it out for you:)

They say they should fit, but I tried a large KA CF scale from my 21 on an early PJ 31 and it caused binding.

KA will get CF 31s eventually, it just has not happened yet.

They say they should fit, but I tried a large KA CF scale from my 21 on an early PJ 31 and it caused binding.

KA will get CF 31s eventually, it just has not happened yet.

Interesting and props for attempting. When you say binding, you mean like the scales were too tight fitting like around the stop pin?

Hard to say exactly, but I could no longer tighten the pivot bolt completely as I can with the dozen other Sebenzas I've had without the blade being bound in place, even when using the same pivot hardware and bushing that resulted in free swinging on the original configuration. Wish I knew why, but I didn't mess with it and put it all back original.

Back