So I'm starting a knife collecting hobby

Can anyone tell me what they know about global knives

• Any

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Any

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
New to this. So iv always been interested in knives since i was younag but could never get a knife sharp enough and not long ago i seen fixed angel knife sharpener and bought one for peanuts and was amazed at how Sharp i could get a blade now im buying the tsprof it's the daddy of all sharpeners and i want to get some decent knives also and had looked into the tsuki range but now i see they were made in china and heard they are doing a rip off of the real Japanese vg10 steel is this true with the tsuki range? Then i did a bit of digging and came across global knives and these seem to be the real deal can anyone help me please because i don't want my first knife buy to be a bad one especially after shelling out so much for the tsprof id hate to have spent so much on the sharpener and then get stung with bad knives thank you.

I don't know if english is a 2nd language for you, but you need a little punctuation in all of that.

I'm far from being a grammer or writing nazi, but that was hard to read.

Last edited:
New to this. So iv always been interested in knives since i was younag but could never get a knife sharp enough and not long ago i seen fixed angel knife sharpener and bought one for peanuts and was amazed at how Sharp i could get a blade now im buying the tsprof it's the daddy of all sharpeners and i want to get some decent knives also and had looked into the tsuki range but now i see they were made in china and heard they are doing a rip off of the real Japanese vg10 steel is this true with the tsuki range? Then i did a bit of digging and came across global knives and these seem to be the real deal can anyone help me please because i don't want my first knife buy to be a bad one especially after shelling out so much for the tsprof id hate to have spent so much on the sharpener and then get stung with bad knives thank you.
d8zb1hm-37e8c12e-6e49-409c-af38-a7b7a4010d2a.gif

So you want to "collect" kitchen cutlery and/or buy from "global knives"?

I really don't know enough about kitchen cutlery to comment, but I would humbly suggest to also try asking in the kitchen cutlery subforum on BF, where you probably could get more expert help there.

Welcome to bladeforums. I dont know anything, but the kitchen knives sub forum might be able to help.

I don't know if english is a 2nd language for you, but you need a little punctuation in all of that.

Mate English is my first language im Irish if you don't get the twang not my fault

Mate English is my first language im Irish if you don't get the twang it's not my fault but im no good at grammar either

So what I'm getting is that you're thinking of buying kitchen knives from the Japanese Brand "Global"?
While some people love theirs, in the Japanese kitchen knife world they aren't usually highly thought of.

Back