so i've decided to EDC my BK16

And this is how I intend to do it, Inside waistband. What do you think?

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

Its mostly finished now. Im sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. I just finished and its dark, so ill try to get better pics up later.

Love the sheath, it looks great! So you want to carry it inside the waistband of your pants, is that right? Will there be any chafing issues between the leather and your skin? It's a cool idea because it keeps the knife out of view.

Love the sheath, it looks great! So you want to carry it inside the waistband of your pants, is that right? Will there be any chafing issues between the leather and your skin? It's a cool idea because it keeps the knife out of view.

I don't think it will be an issue on the skin. I've carried a firearm that way for years. To me, the length may be the hard part to deal with. It may cut down on the range of motion. We shall see.

One thing for sure, when I'm wearing it, you can't see even a trace of it.

I don't think it will be an issue on the skin. I've carried a firearm that way for years. To me, the length may be the hard part to deal with. It may cut down on the range of motion. We shall see.

One thing for sure, when I'm wearing it, you can't see even a trace of it.

That's cool then, I didn't think it would affect the skin but everyone is different in that department. The only firearms I own are rifles and I cant stick them down my waistband, although it would be interesting to try :D I would love to own some pistols and revolvers too but handgun laws here are very different to centrefire/rimfire rifle laws. Basically it's a long process and at the moment it has to be put on the shelf. Would love a Colt Single Action Army in .45 one day :cool:

I don't want to go off topic too much :) It's cool that you cant even see it once it's in there. It might take some trail and error to get used to the length. And I don't mean that in a dirty way :D

Awesome sheath, very nice setup. The great thing about leather is that it will brake in and become even more comfortable over time. I have been edcing my 15 for awhile now in its stock sheath tucked in my front pocket, ran through my belt, and its a perfect belt blade. I am sure the 16 will be the same.

:thumbup:

Nice work and good-looking sheath! Let us know how the waistband carry works. I've been ridiculous and carried a Cold Steel Laredo IWB before... It's possible but not comfortable unless all you're doing is standing! :D

That's a very interesting sheath. I bet that'll be comfortable really, looks pretty rugged too.

Looks awesome ! Wish I was in a state that allows you to cc a fixed blade.

Very nice looking sheath, do you plan on carrying this in addition to a firearm? What position do you plan on carrying it in? I really like that metal clip, good job!

Thanks everyone!

Very nice looking sheath, do you plan on carrying this in addition to a firearm? What position do you plan on carrying it in? I really like that metal clip, good job!

Sure. Occasionally I'm sure I'd wear it with a pistol, but I don't typically wear a gun to work. I do however always have a knife, and I've grown particularly fond of my 16. I find it to be most comfortable at 1, 3, or 6 o'clock positions.

Awesome sheath!
I wish I could carry a larger fixed blade in my waste band, but I always carry my pistol.
Even if I weren't carrying a firearm, the knife handle would probably be digging into my side fat.:(

Dude, that is great. It looks really well thought out, and executed! I would love one like that... Hmmmm...

Back