so i've decided to EDC my BK16

Very nice looking sheath, about how long did it take you and what kind of leather did you use?

Thanks for the compliment.

Entire thing, from idea to finished product, about 5 hours. It took a lot longer to lay it out and figure out the welt then I would have thought. It was the first time I skived leather to make room for the handle. I used mostly 8-9 ounce leather from Tandy. I picked the best piece they had in stock.

Last edited:
Does it retain its shape when the knife is out? The biggest concern I'd have with an IWB leather sheath is it bending while the knife is out and the blade then cutting through the side upon re-sheathing.

I EDC the 16 and use it all the time.

Does it retain its shape when the knife is out? The biggest concern I'd have with an IWB leather sheath is it bending while the knife is out and the blade then cutting through the side upon re-sheathing.

I EDC the 16 and use it all the time.

It's only been two days now, but yes. I have no problem with the welt collapsing. It re sheaths easily.

The sheath still needs some water protection, and a little more edge treatment, but im enjoying carrying it.

some better pictures

IMG_4148.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

In the belt:

IMG_4144.jpg

here, my belt is actually pretty tight, you can see the welt stands tall and the leather isn't collapsing.

IMG_4145.jpg

Awesome sheath, very nice setup. The great thing about leather is that it will brake in and become even more comfortable over time. I have been edcing my 15 for awhile now in its stock sheath tucked in my front pocket...

Man, this was genius... I tried this sheath in my pocket. Unreal. So comfortable, and its almost always covered by my shirt. To boot, it gives the outward appearance of a pocket knife, phone or even a pager (remember those days?).

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

I like mine for neck carry as it is so light weight. It's easy to mod the sheath.

Very innovative thinking!! I am going to have to draw up a template for something like that. I CCW inside the waist and that looks like a really nice idea. Good on ya!! Great job!
Balding

Hey UpNorth, thats a pretty neat idea. I like it.

Thanks Balding.

For those times I don't feel like it, or don't have to carry IWB, I made this one up too!

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

Its right hand carry, obviously on the belt, and the loop on the bottom fits a 3/8 fire rod.

Have i mentioned the 16 is just pure awesomeness!?

Back