1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

so i've decided to EDC my BK16

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Lethal289, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    I don't think I have much need to EDC a fixed blade that size. But I would if I could.

2. Lethal289

Lethal289

Apr 10, 2013
    Thanks for the compliment.

Entire thing, from idea to finished product, about 5 hours. It took a lot longer to lay it out and figure out the welt then I would have thought. It was the first time I skived leather to make room for the handle. I used mostly 8-9 ounce leather from Tandy. I picked the best piece they had in stock.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. Lethal289

Lethal289

Apr 10, 2013
    Thank you very much sir!

Thank you!

You'd be surprised what can be done with it if you have it around.

4. mac_heath

mac_heath

Aug 27, 2002
    Does it retain its shape when the knife is out? The biggest concern I'd have with an IWB leather sheath is it bending while the knife is out and the blade then cutting through the side upon re-sheathing.

I EDC the 16 and use it all the time.

5. Lethal289

Lethal289

Apr 10, 2013
    It's only been two days now, but yes. I have no problem with the welt collapsing. It re sheaths easily.

6. Lethal289

Lethal289

Apr 10, 2013
    The sheath still needs some water protection, and a little more edge treatment, but im enjoying carrying it.

some better pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Lethal289

Lethal289

Apr 10, 2013
    In the belt:

[​IMG]

here, my belt is actually pretty tight, you can see the welt stands tall and the leather isn't collapsing.

[​IMG]

Man, this was genius... I tried this sheath in my pocket. Unreal. So comfortable, and its almost always covered by my shirt. To boot, it gives the outward appearance of a pocket knife, phone or even a pager (remember those days?).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. hawaiianhawk

hawaiianhawk

Dec 25, 2009
    I'm gonna have to get me something like that for my 17... Looks good!

9. rokclmb

rokclmb

May 21, 2011
    That looks great. I would love a sheath like that for my 14.

10. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I like mine for neck carry as it is so light weight. It's easy to mod the sheath.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. BaldingEagle

BaldingEagle

Feb 16, 2010
    Very innovative thinking!! I am going to have to draw up a template for something like that. I CCW inside the waist and that looks like a really nice idea. Good on ya!! Great job!
    Balding

12. Lethal289

Lethal289

Apr 10, 2013
    Hey UpNorth, thats a pretty neat idea. I like it.

Thanks Balding.

For those times I don't feel like it, or don't have to carry IWB, I made this one up too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its right hand carry, obviously on the belt, and the loop on the bottom fits a 3/8 fire rod.

Have i mentioned the 16 is just pure awesomeness!?