So long, and thanks for all the pics

When you make a post, it defaults to Public, but there's a selection for Hidden available. Hidden still allows linking too.

Glad yer up and running!

Mb

Sorry to be a pain

I can’t find the hidden section

Any tips :)

Mb

Sorry to be a pain

I can’t find the hidden section

Any tips :)

It only shows up when you're making the post. I don't see where you can select it after the fact, but you can delete and repost.

It's the pull down right under post title like below:

0SegiqN.png

JParanee JParanee Ok, actually you can edit and select that pull down. The edit is 3 dots on the top right of your post. Not super intuitive.

...well, I'm not sure if Nicky's WIP thread was quite as epic as my Exactimundo sales thread, but it was certainly worth archiving. :D

I would hope that, if nothing else, the travesty that was Photobucket encourages people to back their images up, not only to an image serving site, but to at least one other location (preferably off-site, as Coop is always fond of pointing out). I was amazed to find, after speaking with several friends that regularly post images, they had no other copies of their photos elsewhere. Back your stuff up, people! There is no such thing as permanent on the internet!

the days are counting down. Jan 1, (or so) is when my paid account expires

It will be a sad day for me to see all those years of threads I assembled which relied on embedded photos go down the tubes.

the google chrome extension preserves them just fine, also do people know that you still have the photos just 3rd party hosting is "disabled"

so this chrome extension automatically backs up the embedding of photos?

all my photos will be intact within photobucket so I can get at them any time, so far as I know, it's just that the embedding links disappears from threads with photos when my paid membership expires.

The only way that I know of that I can preserve the embedded photos currently in these threads, is to add new embedding links, which is way more work than I'm willing to do. But if there's a process which is automated that does all the work, I'm definitely interested

I'm in the process of going back and repairing links in my old threads with photos in their new location. Grrrrrrrrrr.

well, I've got the extension...

I am REALLY glad I saw this thread. That Lorien/Wheeler thread got the "Save-As" treatment years ago, but I hadn't jumped on any of your subsequent WIPs. Now I have saved a bunch of them.

A word of warning about Imgur. It appears that although you can, technically, link photos from them, their Terms of Service state this is not something they want people doing.

https://imgur.com/tos

Stuff not to do
... Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

I am REALLY glad I saw this thread. That Lorien/Wheeler thread got the "Save-As" treatment years ago, but I hadn't jumped on any of your subsequent WIPs. Now I have saved a bunch of them.

A word of warning about Imgur. It appears that although you can, technically, link photos from them, their Terms of Service state this is not something they want people doing.

Stuff not to do
... Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

So I’m back to the drawing board damn

Stuff not to do
I don't see any issues with embedding your own photos posted to your imgur account to a forum. Joe, I think you're all good here

I don’t know what to do buddy

Sucky photobucket might get me\y money in the end :)

I've had emails back and forth with photobucket, and it appears as though letting my paid account lapse into an unpaid account may lead to my photobucket account being locked. So, although I'm pretty sure I have almost all my photos backed up somewhere else, I thought I should go and download my albums...

well... here's what photobucket had to say when I couldn't figure out how to download whole albums;

Hello,

Unfortunately, the download album feature is no longer available. We understand that downloading images individually can be time consuming. However, this is the only option we have at this time.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Back