So what is the diffrence between the reate kirby lambart augustus and the pena mini diesel

Im looking to buy a reate knife and the augustus caught my eye so i looked up some reviews on youtube and saw a knife that looked identical under a diffrent name. so i just want to know the diffrence between the two, because it is a 75 dollor diffrence (like wich one performs better i can see the visual diffrences myself i just want to know which one performs better and by how much). also a secondary question is how the augustus compares to the epoch as i am newer to knives and this is my first knife purchase.

You want to compare the Pena Mini Diesel, the Kirby Lambert Augustus and the Reate Epoch? There's a tall order.

The Epoch (if you can find one from 2016) would still be my choice after all these years, as it has the nicer overall shape (IMO), more functional blade shape (no compound grinds) and a multi row bearing system and that nice little touch of Mokuti on the handle. And they are serial numbered for a little something extra.

My mistake - the Epoch is still for sale on BladeHQ. They have been holding onto those for a long time. Hell a month is a long time in the knife world never mind four years.

I kept one of the black PVD models.

I was not that into the epoch before but seeing that black handle finish is way more up my alley, thank you for the response an ill be on the hunt for one of those.

My favorite Reate knives are Liong Mah. The new warrior 2v3 is an amazing knives as well as the lanny.

My favorite Reate knives are Liong Mah. The new warrior 2v3 is an amazing knives as well as the lanny.

If we are introducing other brands made by Reate then I agree. Liong's knives are at the top of the tree. The Lanny is my favorite.

Back