So where the bloody he** are You!!

Oh man grats on the patch! Wish he would make those again.

I'm pretty excited to get it. I've been wanting one since the EDC Share finished up. talked to Allen during the Hiawasse weekend, didn't take to much convincing! :D

I'm pretty excited to get it. I've been wanting one since the EDC Share finished up. talked to Allen during the Hiawasse weekend, didn't take to much convincing! :D

I love my Patch. It is one of my top three favorites for everyday carry.

20161117_134302_resized-vi.jpg

20161018_141743_resized-vi.jpg

Well, I have to say that when I saw the title of this thread I had a pang of guilt like it was in some way directed towards me. In some respects I suppose it was and I'm glad it was started. I was a tapatalk user and my work's firewall doesn't allow me to view the majority of the content posted in everyone's threads, so the experience has somewhat diminished for me since the changing of the software. Also, not being able to easily load content from my phone any longer has kept me from posting as regularly. Still keeping up with the ebb and flow of things and I do often speak or write with many of the members here offline. Seems everything has been a blur since Blade and before you know it it's time to pack up and head out for Trackrock.

Work is as challenging as ever and has required much of my time and every other moment has been focused on trying to keep up with Madden's limitless ability to grow and mature. At 6 he is beyond his years in so many ways and he is no longer the little boy I used to throw up with one hand and hold above my head. Throw Bruno the 6 month old Frenchie in the mix and it's a wonder I have a free moment at all. Fortunately, I have a wife who doesn't mind regular adventures and the boy and dog are now getting of age to where they can start accompanying me. While this forum has been nothing but fantastic, I always eagerly look forward to seeing many of you at Blade, Trackrock, at the shop, Fidddleback User Weekend or any of the other events we circle on our calendars. Since pictures are worth a thousand words here are a few from this summer...

Getting the LH axes squared away with some help from Allen, Day out on the boat, Bruno and Ivy and seeing Rock City
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2125.JPG IMG_1911.JPG IMG_2237.JPG

Thanks for the update Justen. Good to hear that all is well.

Lack of Tapatalk has certainly put off a fair few members. I was not very keen on the new forum software but have forced myself to like it :rolleyes:

Checking in...

I've been lurking more and posting less since the Blade '17 show in early June. I'm always checking out the "behind the scenes" and FF threads but I've been kind of holding back on new knife purchases because I'm at the point now where I should flip something to fund for any additional new knives.

I also hadn't decided on what to do about (Photobucket) host pictures but I'm going to try out Fotki for a year and see how it goes.

I was in Brevard, NC last weekend picking up my son from summer camp and we were doing a little family mountain biking at Dupont State Forest. I brought along a Handyman and another random biker who just happend to be passing by spied it on the sign post and recognized it as a Fiddleback! He got to check it out in hand and he was also carrying a pretty nice Spyderco folder.

I'm also hoping to plan and try attending Track Rock this coming fall.

IMG_17012-vi.jpg

IMG_1697-vi.jpg

Summer is always busy but the new forum format is giving me fits (Sign in issues) along with the Photobucket issue has basically disabled me now. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not very computer knowledgeable to begin with. Once I had my forum and pictures set up I could post and enjoy the forum. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics now. I don't do a lot of social media so I don't know how to set up a new photo host. Years ago Photobucket was easy. Once I was set up I didn't need it for anything but posting forum pics. It's very discouraging.

I'm right there with you MajorD MajorD Photobucket has ruined things for me. I tried, for much too long today, to download my albums but my Mac isn't cooperating :confused:

Photobucket has hijacked hundreds of my pics as well. Luckily I moved to Fotki about a year ago and have access to my recent pics.

Summer is always busy but the new forum format is giving me fits (Sign in issues) along with the Photobucket issue has basically disabled me now. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm not very computer knowledgeable to begin with. Once I had my forum and pictures set up I could post and enjoy the forum. I'm still trying to figure out how to post pics now. I don't do a lot of social media so I don't know how to set up a new photo host. Years ago Photobucket was easy. Once I was set up I didn't need it for anything but posting forum pics. It's very discouraging.

Major D,
I'm right with you on my lack of knowledge when it comes to technology and computers. I tease my boys that while the electricity is up they've got me beat hands down but when the apocalypse happens they come running to me cuz they suddenly need me.

Anyway Phillip talk to me into switching over to fotki. I'll admit that once I learned how to use it it's turned out to be far easier than the previous photo system.

T

I'm here, going hiking and camping a lot. Just not online much since I got married last fall. Going to try to scale back on Facebook and post more on Bladeforums in the future.

I'm here, going hiking and camping a lot. Just not online much since I got married last fall. Going to try to scale back on Facebook and post more on Bladeforums in the future.

Congrats Heber!

Congrats Heber!
Thanks Thurin! Got a full time job at night, got married, and other crazy things have happened in the last 2 years. If I remember, I'll post a thread later this week.

Major D,
I'm right with you on my lack of knowledge when it comes to technology and computers. I tease my boys that while the electricity is up they've got me beat hands down but when the apocalypse happens they come running to me cuz they suddenly need me.

Anyway Phillip talk to me into switching over to fotki. I'll admit that once I learned how to use it it's turned out to be far easier than the previous photo system.

T

I haved used Fotki the last few years for all of my photos, I have been a satisfied paying customer. I even paid to have some developed and mailed to me if that is something that interest you!

Hi folks, just wanted to say hi since I've been virtually MIA since last summer or so (though I do visit to check out the FB Fridays and random posts from time to time).

Similar story for me as many others....in my case, moved again (twice in two years) last Fall (most of my Fiddies are still in boxes), work's been kicking my butt (lot of international travels), the wife was ordained as full time pastor so it's impossible to do camping, backpacking, let alone day hikes on the weekends. Oh, and we're prego with our first born due in late September. With that said, hoping to at least contribute to the cooking thread or something in the future. Take care!

Back