Social Distancing Pics

So far we can still go outside here for essential needs, and walks as long as you stay 6 feet away from others. So, why not go a walk and take some pics with knives and things? :)

First pics are from after I got a coffee walking through the Tim Horton's drive-thru (can't even go in store at all). This spot was a homeless sleeping area when the weather was warmer and foliage hid it from view:

62RqBud.jpg

LcZ9hst.jpg

Another day involves a really, really long walk. At the far end of it, I found this squirrel:

r1kOLZH.jpg

XInUhQb.jpg

zQwnmYO.jpg

And then this homeless person camped out under a bridge:

NBBe3Fp.jpg

Some city outreach workers came by after I put the camera away, and made sure he was doing okay. They're really trying to make sure there isn't virus spread in the homeless community. :thumbsup:

Next, off to the River, where some people were hanging out, widely spaced, or fishing in a boat:

MTyJrz3.jpg

Time for knife pic on the rocks:

1bmH5Vg.jpg

Empty pebble/rock beach:

M5hKZTi.jpg

Knife and the Detroit skyline:

WTgt7Qp.jpg

And finally, my favourite picture of the day:

OZmtIS6.jpg

So that's it for a couple of walks out there.

Why not post your own knife/walk/indoors activities pictures as we continue our social distancing activities?

stabman stabman I didn't realize you were right across the border from Detroit. I'm in the suburbs of Detroit. Stay safe.

You as well.
Been keeping pretty safe. Walking places instead of taking the bus (which is shutting down for 2 weeks starting Monday).
Just taking it easy, and avoiding getting/spreading anything. Other than not being able to get further afield for cool pictures, and not being able to get a coffee on the go as easily, and the gym being closed down, it hasn't been too bad.

Just got back from Shoppers Drug Mart...walked there with wife to get required things.
Totally made someone's day...

I had the leather jacket on along with leather gloves, digicam multi-wrap covering face as cloth mask, and the Brous Blades Silent Soldier Ranger neck knife on.
A man in his late sixties or seventies comes up, stops us, and said how great it was. He had just watched a zombie movie, and some of the characters were dressed just like me. :D

It made him so happy. :thumbsup:
So remember, the appropriate apocalypse fashions aren't just practical, they can also lift the spirits of those around you. :)

Large knives generally tend to make people keep unsocial distance:D.
:thumbsup: Good call...Time to strap on your best
Zombie Killer Fixed Blade, in Full Glory!

Just got back...
I had the leather jacket on along w/ leather gloves, digicam multi-wrap covering face as cloth mask, & Brous Blades Silent Soldier Ranger neck knife on...
So remember, the appropriate apocalypse fashions aren't just practical, they can also lift the spirits of those around you. :)
-I keep wanting to 'unhunker' to get some basic 'food stuffs' & finally drank my last Beer, which was a small epidemic, so I made it as far as the gas station down the road for at least a 12er, until I decide to make the actual shop trip. - No leather on, but an O.D. Green fleece top, & a Stars & Stripes Bandana, (worn like a western bandit, :cool:) and, ofcourse a few knives.
***It made No sense, however, with the 6' Feet distancing in place, b/c the guy behind the counter & then anyone coming in were much closer, since their merch. aisles leave very little space to walk by.
I was the Only person w/ anything covering their face.
B.T.B.

I think Monday I will head out to do some hiking and hopefully see some wildflowers. Of course, I'll have a knife or two with me. National Parks are closed. State Parks are still open here. I won't be hanging around other people other than to say hello at a distance.

Just went grocery shopping this warm sunny afternoon and I didn't see much of any social distancing.There were tons of people out walking, biking and running on a popular path way near my home.I only saw one guy jogging with a face mask.

It sad to say that people are taking social distancing measure as a joke.

I can’t help but feel that the Insingo folder is one of the nicest looking knives of all time.
It took a little bit of time for me to warm up to it but when it did the looks really grew on me. Such a practical and useful shape as well

It sad to say that people are taking social distancing measure as a joke.

I see it some where I am at but people are inconsistent with it.

What folks need to do is tactical shopping.

Just like we had to go to the mess tent and eat tactically. By the time you spread out and found a place to eat, your food would be cold.

How many of you remember that?

Reactions: nod
Back