delivering shots of effective disinfectant
(you may tape a lazer pointer to show
that you mean business).
so now that you have
all that stuff on you.
its time to figure a way
to protect yourselves
from the real threat...

Well, I can finally participate in this thread. I’ve enjoyed browsing it over the weeks.

The snow here in northern Ontario is finally almost gone, so I was excited to get out for a walk around the property with my brother...took my Case/Bose lockback and my little Bobtail with me. My brother borrowed my Mule Team, thanks to @woodysone and it proved useful for some trail trimming...my brother now wants a mule team...
89908623-0E34-4B1A-9A0C-0F81112B9000.jpeg

First...these dang beavers are killing all my hardwoods around my very large beaver pond. May have to eradicate a slapper or two. Make some waterproof socks with tails. Haha. Here is a shot of the Case/Bose from WValtakis WValtakis with one of the “big teeth” in the pond above the handle.
B8057E81-F546-4303-83AA-E33625024D90.jpeg
Spent just over an hour in the pond, silently paddling and drifting in the canoe. Roused a few Ringneck Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, Mallards, Buffleheads and a Northern Shoveler. Had a pair of Wood Ducks come into the pond to land and whizzed my head by 3 feet. They must have been social distancing. Haha. I love the outdoors. There is something very special about being quiet and still and hearing the melody of ducks wings in the sky and the song on their tongues...two of my favorite sounds.

As we pushed the canoe to the shore of the opposite side, we spooked a female goose off her nest. She had built this on top of the beavers home/hut. Haha. Quite brilliant. Not the best photo, but still very cool to be less than 15ft from. :)
063BFA2C-7486-4399-8CB7-1029CD5319D4.jpeg
Shot with the Bobtail, thanks to @razor-edge-knives and the beginning of life...
3AFA4C14-A901-4353-B2F2-CCD122306B4B.jpeg
We paddled into the alcove to disembark from the canoe and noticed that not only had the beaver been busy on this side too, but our resident porcupine was hungry...
B0BCC6F4-F858-40E4-8096-700D8F6C7D86.jpeg
Spent another few hours in the back fifty. Watching the chipmunks and pileated woodpeckers keeping themselves busy. We decided that it was a good time to scout our deer areas, moose areas and bear areas. Spring growth is still low, so it’s a good time for searching and assessing. Found lots of scat (wont post the pics), and that was very uplifting. As a couple years ago, we had a large group of poachers caught who were hunting the back part of my land. Grrrrrr.

One of my favorite things in the spring is shed hunting, and this spring did not disappoint...
9E6D3A7F-7865-4EBF-9B4F-918BD477B364.jpeg
I’m very happy this decent size buck is still around...I’ve been keeping an eye on him...and thought he had been poached. Ive waited 3 years for him to get to the size he is, and let him have his way with the does, and make little bucks. :) He outsmarted me twice last year...maybe this is the year I will be the smart one. ;)

All in all, it was an excellent way to spend our afternoon, and its just a blessing to be able to spend time in God’s beautiful outdoors. As I hope you have enjoyed my little blurb, I will leave you this photo...Im excited for duck season, but I can wait...dont want to rush the spring and summer months as they are short here...hope everyone is enjoying their sunday...
9E3BD33B-6353-421F-A77C-BDFA02E24075.jpeg
Keep ‘em Sharp, stay healthy,
Sharp & Fiery

Last edited:
:) Under quarantine / social distancing , doing some home maintenance , just today .

Installing a powered anode on my HWH . Replacing the 2nd magnesium anode I've installed on this HWH .

Hopefully , the new powered anode will work for 20 years as promised . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Vinegar is for descaling lime hard water deposits .

Last edited:
He may look mean, but he’s a friendly khukuri. He’s not a fan of social distancing. Likes to be around people and other knives he calls “little brothers and sisters.”

Kidding aside, social distancing is important folks. At least two meters from other humans when you’re outside.
doMkwiw.jpg

Here is a shot of the Case/Bose from @WValtakis with one of the “big teeth” in the pond above the handle.
b8057e81-f546-4303-83aa-e33625024d90-jpeg.1329203
Thanks for the shout out Coleman, glad you're getting some use out of that one...looks good with that backdrop:D

Doesn't get much more distant here... just me, myself, and my screens;)

Screenshot_20200426-232845_Gallery~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back