Sodbuster...and lots of them!

Love the Stag collection, they all look great and you have a couple of hard to find ones in there! You're not kidding about Case, I used to beg them to produce new ones and now I'm going broke trying to keep up :D

I finally had a chance to take a pic of the new GEC ones and a group shot of all the covers that have been produced

The new crew: Left to right is the Proto Burlap, Burlap 2017 production, Natural Canvas, Burgandy Linen, Red Linen, Denim Micarta
i-WQj7vTG-L.jpg

i-vxCDh3T-L.jpg

i-M9DLFMP-L.jpg

Group shot of all the covers: Left to right- Orange Delrin, Black Delrin, Tortoise Shell Acrylic, Nifebrite, Sunbrite, Burlap Proto, Burlap Production, Natural Canvas Micarata, Blue Denim Micarta, OD Green Micarta, OD Green Linen Micarta, Maroon Linen Micarta, Burgundy Linen Micarta, Red Linen Micarta, Black linen Micarta.

i-jsdtBKg-L.jpg

A shot to show how the Natural Micarta will darken and smooth out with age compared to new and unused, a custom Snakewood bullnose thrown in for giggles.

i-rNBP8jZ-L.jpg

The New Cases: Jade Jigged Bone, Rough Red Christmas Sodbuster, Natural Jigged Bone, Red Sawcut, Antique Jigged bone with PVD blade, Kentucky Bluegrass Barnboard, 225 KY Blue Bone, 225 KY Creme Bone

i-BSzbSLX-L.jpg

Group shot of all the Cases I have, still about three to add! :eek:

i-SZ9gwZc-XL.jpg

Wow👆👆👆 so awesome

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You've been busy, Trevor.
I like the Christmas Red! I asked Case to offer the red in the Large Sodbuster.
rolf

I'ts been forever since I've posted here, and I've gone on a Trev-like collecting spree on this pattern. I'll get some pics together soon. I did manage to score a burlap and blue denim GEC 71 out of this run. Case is releasing soddies faster than I can work overtime to afford them, but I'm getting there :)

Here are some quick photos to hold you over... my stag soddies so far and my GEC 71 collection.

LQ0gcJ9.jpg
How is the fit and finish on that silver stag sod buster? I'm thinking one of those might be in my future.

How is the fit and finish on that silver stag sod buster? I'm thinking one of those might be in my future.
The silver stag is spot on. That one is the "small" even though is about the size of a medium sodbuster. The blade is d2.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Love the Stag collection, they all look great and you have a couple of hard to find ones in there! You're not kidding about Case, I used to beg them to produce new ones and now I'm going broke trying to keep up :D

I finally had a chance to take a pic of the new GEC ones and a group shot of all the covers that have been produced

The new crew: Left to right is the Proto Burlap, Burlap 2017 production, Natural Canvas, Burgandy Linen, Red Linen, Denim Micarta
i-WQj7vTG-L.jpg

i-vxCDh3T-L.jpg

i-M9DLFMP-L.jpg

Group shot of all the covers: Left to right- Orange Delrin, Black Delrin, Tortoise Shell Acrylic, Nifebrite, Sunbrite, Burlap Proto, Burlap Production, Natural Canvas Micarata, Blue Denim Micarta, OD Green Micarta, OD Green Linen Micarta, Maroon Linen Micarta, Burgundy Linen Micarta, Red Linen Micarta, Black linen Micarta.

i-jsdtBKg-L.jpg

A shot to show how the Natural Micarta will darken and smooth out with age compared to new and unused, a custom Snakewood bullnose thrown in for giggles.

i-rNBP8jZ-L.jpg

The New Cases: Jade Jigged Bone, Rough Red Christmas Sodbuster, Natural Jigged Bone, Red Sawcut, Antique Jigged bone with PVD blade, Kentucky Bluegrass Barnboard, 225 KY Blue Bone, 225 KY Creme Bone

i-BSzbSLX-L.jpg

Group shot of all the Cases I have, still about three to add! :eek:

i-SZ9gwZc-XL.jpg
Proto burlap? Now I've got to hunt that one down too 😢

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Not use to this new Format...Not sure If I like or not.....Anyway,I was just gonna say that is the first Hugo Koller Soddie I have saw....I had 2 Hugo Coca Cola knives several years ago....They're good quality.....I will post picture of my last Soddie of which I already Traded it away.....Next incoming message....Thanks,JD
189e1f5e8a23517461aee77c81535531.jpg

Some rare older French, German, and Spanish soddies.

Last edited:
That is probably the best looking blade I've seen that has been sharpened that much! If it's not to thick from being that high up the blade, I bet it would be an excellent slicer!

Back