Sodbuster...and lots of them!

Gee, that was kind of a short/curse answer I gave you.

Flitz polish works well when removing most etches. I apply it directly to a rag or piece of cloth and vigorously rub it into the etch and then polish the blade. I'll do this about three or four times and the etch will be diminished. However, there will be a faint shadow of the etch left. The shadow will fade or be covered by the patina in short order.

Thanks for the added details Modoc, this is great to know. I was wondering if you had used sandpaper or the like... Good to know that flitz will do it!

Here is the Muslin Micarta.
I think it's beautiful!!:thumbsup:
pl1ZKUL.jpg

It's a beauty Ramrod, I received mine today and I'm impressed! I'll try to get a family shot of all the Bullnose covers this weekend.

Is the muslin micarta thinner than the other micarta models, or is it just my eyes and the camera angles?

Looks good. Did you "gut" that paracord? I've done that on knives with smaller lanyard holes (#99 Farmer Lock), but I leave it as-is on the Bull Nose.

I did not gut the paracord, but I did have to shove it through the hole. Great idea for my smaller knives!

Is the muslin micarta thinner than the other micarta models, or is it just my eyes and the camera angles?

I don’t believe it’s any thinner than normal. Must be my angles. Sure feels good in hand though. I haven’t seen any mention of it so far and I feel it’s worth noting that the texture of the muslin micarta is just wonderful.

Not a fan of the muslin micarta on the other GEC knives BUT it just works on these 71s !!! Real NICE knife!!! John

My Muslin Micarta is just slightly slimmer than my other Micarta #71's, but they all vary a little in thickness, and the difference is pretty negligible. I will say that the two I have in Acrylic are slimmer than the Micartas.

Not a fan of the muslin micarta on the other GEC knives BUT it just works on these 71s !!! Real NICE knife!!! John

I wasn't sure about it on the #13 last year, but I took a shot and bought a Muslin Micarta whittler. I ended up liking it a lot (especially with the satin bolsters and shield), but I'll agree with you that it's even better on the #71. It just fits. :thumbsup:

Finally got around to snapping a few pics of the new Muslin Bullnose and all my different Bullnoses together. The only Bullnose in the group shot that was not made at the factory was the one that has been rescaled in Snakewood. I also got a new Otter in the mail the other day :D

i-84x9qHV-M.jpg

i-sCwbNVp-M.jpg

i-qFtx6pz-M.jpg

Snakewood, Burlap(proto), Muslin, Burlap, Denim, Green Canvas, Natural Canvas(aged and used), Green Linen, Maroon Linen, Red Linen, Red Linen, Black Linen, Niftibrite, Sunbrite, Tortois Shell Acrylic, Orange Delrin, Black Delrin
i-qjhLFSz-XL.jpg

I like the different textures and patterns these show
i-GZkKXNb-XL.jpg

i-4xVng3T-XL.jpg

What the Germans call Sodbusters
i-j3NWSKH-M.jpg

i-pt8JpmD-M.jpg

Shot for thickness comparison, they're beefier
i-mVSqwg5-M.jpg

Back