Bust 'em out ! :confused:

V59IMD6.jpg

Work 'em hard :rolleyes:

MVUEvea.jpg

Show 'em off :thumbsup: :cool:

LJS9Msv.jpg

86iiseH.jpg

Gj58tER.jpg

Arrgh ... just post a pic of your Soddie will ya :D ( any brand is :thumbsup: )

Last edited:
Ok, this is very strange. :confused:

As I was just getting ready to sharpen it I noticed that the blade had not patina at all after cutting up the chicken.
I looked closely and the blade is stamped ss :confused: ,... is obviously stainless.

The box is marked cv.
All the chestnut bone sod buster jr in every website that I checked in the past half hour the chestnut bone soddies are always cv.
Even on the Case webpage their chestnut bone offering is only in cv.

I am not sure what to think, any ideas ? I mean, it's obviously a swapped blade ... is this a common mistake ?
( I am not sharpening it until I figure this one out)

S2K1WeR.jpg

KERqRpT.jpg

Last edited:

As I was just getting ready to sharpen it I noticed that the blade had not patina at all after cutting up the chicken.
I looked closely and the blade is stamped ss :confused: ,... is obviously stainless.

The box is marked cv.
All the chestnut bone sod buster jr in every website that I checked in the past half hour the chestnut bone soddies are always cv.

I am not sure what to think, any ideas ? I mean, it's obviously a swapped blade ... is this a common mistake ?

S2K1WeR.jpg

KERqRpT.jpg

You got a unique one. That’s cool. I would keep it, and buy a CV.

You got a unique one. That’s cool. I would keep it, and buy a CV.

Yes, sounds like a plan :thumbsup: :)

After my initial disconcert I think is pretty cool :cool: ... I wonder how often this happens or if it has happened to anyone else here in BF.

So here again is my stainless steel Chestnut bone Case Sod buster Jr. :) resting on a homemade sourdough loaf :D

6haQO82.jpg

The box is marked cv.

S2K1WeR.jpg

KERqRpT.jpg
I agree with TheChunk91 TheChunk91 ... I would keep that one and get another one if you must have CV. It's at least semi-unique, it has great handles, and it looks great. That, and I personally like Case's SS! :thumbsup:

I agree with TheChunk91 TheChunk91 ... I would keep that one and get another one if you must have CV. It's at least semi-unique, it has great handles, and it looks great. That, and I personally like Case's SS! :thumbsup:

Thanks my friend :thumbsup: , I'll do that.
Now thinking if I should sharpen it or not .... I'll probably will in the end.

How are the maserin plows? I've been contemplating pulling the trigger on one!

The fit and finish on the original pinned version is ok, not great. The newer version has better fit and finish, and is slimmer. I don’t love the screws, and think it would be nice if they were sunk in the scales for a flush feel, but hey, it’s a budget knife. The blades on both are thinly ground and came razor sharp.

Back