SODBUSTERS... bust 'em out, work 'em hard and show 'em off

I'm excited, too. I'm looking forward to family photos with the rest of your soddie family.

Thank you mi amigo :)

Here is my little family. I just finished oiling the joints and giving that micarta a little drink of mineral oil to make it pop :thumbsup: :cool:

4inZNyB.jpg

Hello Porch :) , I am feeling elated right now, hard to contain my excitement. :)

The mail just came and I have this beauty in my hands, thanks to our friend @Reaper AL generosity.

Al messaged me a few days ago asking if I would not mind giving him my address as he wanted to send me a Massering Plow.

Wow, THANK YOU Al !!! What a knife !!!

I will treasure it and I am looking forward to putting it through its paces in many adventures to come.

rRUjGph.jpg

m5ExTfj.jpg
A very fine addition to your growing sodbuster collection and a great act of generosity from ReaperAl!:thumbsup:
Disfrutala Amigo!:)

Hello Porch :) , I am feeling elated right now, hard to contain my excitement. :)

The mail just came and I have this beauty in my hands, thanks to our friend @Reaper AL generosity.

Al messaged me a few days ago asking if I would not mind giving him my address as he wanted to send me a Massering Plow.

Wow, THANK YOU Al !!! What a knife !!!

I will treasure it and I am looking forward to putting it through its paces in many adventures to come.

rRUjGph.jpg

m5ExTfj.jpg

Those are nice little knives. :thumbsup:

Excellent picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you John :)
I saw it once we got in the car driving home as I usually take several pics quickly when they land on my hand and review them later.
It would be cool to capture them in flight with a camera capable of high definition in fast moving objects.
My outdated Iphone keeps trying it's best :cool:

The delrin can be sanded I believe, but I think the yellow sodbusters are too comfortable in hand to mess with.
I bought one at a home improvement store, super cheap; I think they had been discontinued and this one was found under or behind something. The handles were square, maybe to meet a price point.. I filed those down a bit.
Yann Nominè de Les Couteliers De FontainebleauView attachment 1524440
"What say?" (The Outlaw Josey Wales)
I feel the need to explain that English is not my native tongue.
I wouldn't have guessed.
Yes they are indeed Barret.

I am not sure if Mike had a part in the design process or if he made them available to us from an existing model in Italy.
Regardless I am glad they are available to us. I am loving mine :thumbsup:

tvhPICw.jpg
I may need one of those. And even though I like my traditionals, if I ever buy another expensive pocket knife, it might just be one with the precision of CNC machining instead of the variation inherent in fine hand craftsmanship.
Rasped Jr. with my only Sr.
FL9D1kE.jpg

Last edited:
And even though I like my traditionals, if I ever buy another expensive pocket knife,

Nice patina on those yellow Soddies Jer :thumbsup:. I have to put my yellow cv to work too, only used it once so far ... too many knives :)

KOkQd6A.jpg

Got this orange soddie jr and I’m really digging it. Little bit roughly finished here and there but I think it’s half the charm. I really like how velvety smooth the handle material is.

Cool pic with that orange color on the white and black background :thumbsup:. The "white stuff" has melted almost completely around here, but you never know ... it's only March :)

Courtesy of Mike. :D

Great color on this one! I like it so much I have one of his exclusive Maserin's in my cart now. Just waiting on the Case CV Copperhead to arrive in his store so I can pull the trigger.

ZHAeeum.jpg

Nice one Brian :), The Chestnut bone Jr was my first sodbuster. I like the jigging on several of Cases Jr offering, If I could only collect them all :)

You won't regret the Masserin Plow :thumbsup:.

When I grab mine, open it and hold it I feel like Popeye after eating a can of spinach :D ... for real :).
It's a good feeling, you just want to go to work with it my friend. :thumbsup::cool:

Back