SODBUSTERS... bust 'em out, work 'em hard and show 'em off

There’s some good information in this recent thread about case sod buster rivets and how to tighten them.
I have not tried it myself.
Thanks. Guess it is time to head to store and purchase punch to fit. Seems like it would work

Well I could resist myself and found a spare moment so I went ahead and reprofile it. Much better for me now.

afaPnTE.jpg

BURGUNDY PLOW arrived just today and joins the BOCOTE PLOW
Northwoods Presidential snuck into the picture for size comparison and to some degree, color.
The Burgundy has better F/F than the Bocote in that the Micarta better covers the liners.
Additionally, if I open the Bocote, hold it up and look down the spring toward the blade tip,
I can see that the blade was crinked slightly to make it near perfectly centered when closed.
The crink is not noticed under normal use and only on close examination.
The Burgundy is perfectly centered without a detectable crink.
MAN !!! ... these PLOWS are great knives !!!

ZtL7K7F.jpg

Northwoods Presidential snuck into the picture for size comparison and to some degree, color.
The Burgundy has better F/F than the Bocote in that the Micarta better covers the liners.
Additionally, if I open the Bocote, hold it up and look down the spring toward the blade tip,
I can see that the blade was crinked slightly to make it near perfectly centered when closed.

ZtL7K7F.jpg
I love that Bocote. Smooth.:cool:

ZtL7K7F.jpg
Any blade rap on the plows? I have it on my burgundy

Any blade rap on the plows? I have it on my burgundy

I have a very tiny one.
I sharpened it away when I did the initial first sharpening and reprofile and committed myself to gently close it moving forward lol

Then one day I forgot, slammed the thing and caused a really really tiny dent again.

Back