SODBUSTERS... bust 'em out, work 'em hard and show 'em off

"I have a chance to buy a Orange delrin user 01 steel to match my green micarta".

Well I bought it,I had a chance to but a few other GEC as well but didnt..

So now I will have 3 sodbusters.
I’ve been seeing a bunch of those on here lately. I may have to see if I can find a Micarta handled one myself. 😉👍

My 01 Orange 71 2012 just arrived as I sat down with a bowl of soup.

I have cleaned,oiled it,and polished the blade so all the patina will be mine.

Then fitted a bright lanyard as this will be one I take out into the woods,far less likely to lose it then.

Listening to Tom Petty Damn the Torpedo's while I do it all,what a great album.

So now I have two 01 steel and one from the later batch.

A quick comparison

!,the new 01 orange one has better smoother/flush handle pins than the other 2.

2,The 01s are both a bit easier to open none are difficult,the newer model is better in thr respect its a bit firmer.

3,The newer one has a brighter orange handle and wins that one as well (you can only tell when you put them side by side).

4,I cant tell the difference between the steels,but I know the 01 is better.

5,I will definitely be keeping both the 01s and I will use them.

Last edited:
Love my O1 Bull Nose, I've got the OD green micarta shown below with S&S Mudbug made by GEC with 1095 blade. Love them both but the O1 is my favorite by far just wish they made the Bull Buster with O1.
The orange lanyard has definitely helped me keep up with it.
IMG_0125.JPG

Love my O1 Bull Nose, I've got the OD green micarta shown below with S&S Mudbug made by GEC with 1095 blade. Love them both but the O1 is my favorite by far just wish they made the Bull Buster with O1.
The orange lanyard has definitely helped me keep up with it.
View attachment 1665890
Nice pair,I like the OD green micarta it takes on a patina of its own with use.

The latest posts inspired me to take my Case soddie out for a walk this afternoon. :thumbsup: :cool:

We found some carnivorous plants but my soddie was not intimidated in the least , lol

ZLVta3q.jpg

TDSI6Yc.jpg

Has anyone taken the plunge and added an Amber Peachseed Jigged Bone to their soddy collection. Seen one posted elsewhere and they do look good.:cool::cool::cool:

I just got this today from the Amazon man. Rite Edge 4" Miner Style Knife. $7 delivered. Drop dead bargain. It took a little cleaning up and lubing when it arrived, but I actually like it better than my Case Sod Busters. No half stop though, but snappy and smooth. I've ordered the gardening hawkbill and the barlow too. Hope they are just as good.

riteedgesodbuster.jpg

Has anyone taken the plunge and added an Amber Peachseed Jigged Bone to their soddy collection. Seen one posted elsewhere and they do look good.:cool::cool::cool:
Is the Amber Peachseed Jigged Bone Soddy like Case's others with those covers, equipped with CV blades?
Is it a Junior only? Full size? Both?

I have a black composition SS Junior. Tempting to get a full size one ... maybe with yellow composition ... I'd like a CV blade though.

Anyone have any new additions? I just got the big knife stores catalog in and saw they have some really cool exclusive sod busters but they are all out of stock.

I do have a couple of soddies in the mail right now so I'll update when I get them in.

I'm still hunting for some really elusive one's that I'd love to buy if anyone has and wants to part with. These are the one's I can't find in stock anywhere and are long gone.
Jigged Rosewood
Civil war series
Redneck
Horseshoe shield
Banjo Shield
Antique EZ open
Pink EZ open
Damascus bladed versions
Carved Oatmeal and Persimmon
Kentucky Blue Bone 225th
Synthetic light green John Deere
CCC sawcut Indigo bone
CCC olive bone
SMKW exclusive kiwi
125 year olive bone

The redneck one is actually on the big auction site for a crazy $700 right now. It's the highest sod buster price I have ever seen.

Back