SOG 2000 from the Navy Seals Museum

5Lq8qvp.jpg
vwmgagA.jpg
Hi guys,

Some years ago, i bought a SOG 2000, SEKI JAPAN, first generation blade markings but, after some search, i found only one photo on the web, maybe a "PRIVATE MUSEUM COLLECTION". Add. information are welcome!
SOG 2000 model with the EAGLE Seals, engraving.

I would like to know, if you have accurate information about this model?
How many made etc etc.

Thanks for an eventual reply.

Mister Moon

Last edited:
The SOG Seal 2000, along with most of the SOG fixed blades were made by Kinryu Corp in Seki Japan as OEM maker. They may have some information. The knife itself looks like any other Seal 2000, the USN Seals stamp is probably some limited run. It certainly wasn't marketed.

That's the usual problem with trying to look up info on an old vintage model of any maker. Most of the front end people are too young to have any first hand knowledge.
In addition, there are "oddities" that can emanate from the OEM factory, that SOG head office doesn't have records or any information on. Usually, unless a particular model, in any configuration, was sold in the U.S., they won't have any info.
But hopefully in this case, I am wrong.

Last edited:
Nothing to add... Just posting because I'm really curious about what you find out.

Now that is really cool information.
There have been reports on the internet that the SOG SEAL 2000 issued circa 1992 was made in the US. This example tends to support the view that all SEAL 2000s were made in Seki.

Last edited:
That's quite a piece for your collection!
It's interesting that the first run of 100 used the USNSEALS logo but the later ones did not.
SOG was already using the same logo on it's S2 Tridents so doubt it was some legal/trademark type issue
so I wonder why...
Anyway, nice score!

Thanks great KenHash,
It's really the "hell" for find accurate information about the rare knives. The problem is the same with the M9 bayos.
Do you know if the TIGERSHARK were made for military or civilian market when they (SOG Cie) started their first production ?

As far as I am aware the Tigershark (first generation SK5 straight blade, Santa Monica) was not made for military use. At least I haven't read anything to suggest it. It went into production in the late 1980s thereby preceding the Seal2000. Same Kinryu factory in Seki Japan.

Any info about: Who is the maker of this "not SOG" green sheath ?
I saw some SCUBA DEMO SOG with this sheath but, according Spencer at SOG, this sheath was not made by them!

Any info about: Who is the maker of this "not SOG" green sheath ?
I saw some SCUBA DEMO SOG with this sheath but, according Spencer at SOG, this sheath was not made by them!

It's hard to tell from that partial photo, but it looks like the Rothco Enhanced Nylon Combat Knife Sheath.

6Kam1gY.jpg

IiXFZQj.jpg

The possibility that it's a Rothco product is supported by the fact that apparently Rothco made sheaths for SOG models in the past (at least this Government model). This photo comes from the Rothco Web site. Notice that the sheath is missing the SOG label, so I don't know if it's supposed to be demonstrating OEM or aftermarket.

cPcLxKV.jpg

-Steve

Back