SOG customer service sucks ! !

Hey okay so after reading ROBB's post regarding his experience i toguht I would chime in with my own experience.I emailed SOG twice, two weks in a row for a replacement pivot screw for my Flash2, no repsonse at all I even called there company got the biggest run around ever.They told me to send it in yeah ok .....I told her that I did not want to incur shipping on such a small thing after all it is a simple pivot screw.I asked her if they could send the piece to me she said very bluntly "NO".Finally as my last hurrah I told her that I was a well respected Blade forums memer (I dont consider myself to be well respected but tought it would help) and I told her that I would tell people about my experience and ask them if this is how a company should treat there customers, she told me " I don't care".Now does that mean (she) doesnt care or the company doesnt care that I dont know.

thats my .02 cents here fellas.

Last edited:
I have only had one chance to deal with SOG and it went well. I emailed them about clip and screws and they responded quickly and asked for my shipping address and could not have been nicer. It may have to do with the pivot being a part that they don`t "want" customers to mess with(IE disassembly) like taking the pivot screw out voids the warranty. I hope you can get a new screw and have better luck with them next time again try emailing them.

The only email that I have ever sent to that company was never responded to. I still do not own a SOG knife, and it's unlikely that I ever will.

I only had to send in one SOG knife in my life back for repair. They returned it completely repaired, cleaned, and sharpened. They even repaired the chipped tip it had without me asking them to!

I think that's great customer service right there.

I have no experience on SOG's customer service, but Benchmade and Spyderco replies to my email 100% of the time. In addition, those people were really friendly :D

an update: So I called SOG again this morning I got a very nice lady wich surprised me I also sent them another email last night too wich makes it 3.Oh and I got the same woman as I did last time she apologized so its all good.

bottom line if this happens to you dont give up nag them theyl respond sooner or later.

My pivot screw is on its way for those who are wondering.

So now the customer service doesn't "suck" ;). Might want to ammend the title

Last edited:
I went on their web site and filled out the form for the free pocket clip replacement and got my free pocket clip for my Flash II with a new screw in a little over a week! So as far as I'm concerned their customer service is just fine with me.

10 years later, I can confirm that their customer service does indeed suck big time. It's been two weeks since I placed an order and it appears that it is stuck at the same location at a FedEx sorting center. I sent an email using their online form just to ask if they could check on if there's an issue (since it's FedEx Smart Post only the sender can check w/ FedEx). The reply back was that there's nothing they can do (or will do) to help.

10 years later, I can confirm that their customer service does indeed suck big time. It's been two weeks since I placed an order and it appears that it is stuck at the same location at a FedEx sorting center. I sent an email using their online form just to ask if they could check on if there's an issue (since it's FedEx Smart Post only the sender can check w/ FedEx). The reply back was that there's nothing they can do (or will do) to help.

Sounds more like FedEx sucks...how is that SOG's fault?

Sounds more like FedEx sucks...how is that SOG's fault?
You've missed the point. The SOG CS rep's refusal to take a minute to check with FedEx and see what the problem is, is why SOG customer service sucks. I've tried contacting FedEx, but since it's SmartPost, only the sender can submit an inquiry.

I would give them a call at 1-425-771-6230
It's not as easy to blow off a support request on the phone as it is by email.

I would give them a call at 1-425-771-6230
It's not as easy to blow off a support request on the phone as it is by email.
I discovered that calling is the best way to get a response. Even their clip form request is spotty... I've NEVER gotten a clip through that page. I sometimes wonder if it even sends your request anywhere. When I called, I got a hold of someone there (I think it may have been Amanda) and she was pleasant. I did get my free replacement clip. So, I'm still positive about SOG.

I just had a Ground Economy (the current name for SmartPost) order I'd placed on 10/18 delivered on 11/5, 18 days later and 11 past FedEx's delivery estimate. It spent several days going backwards to reach a hub, went about 300 miles in 3 days at one point, and then just stopped being tracked entirely until it arrived in my state...after which it sat at their facility for 5 business days before delivery.

This is a slow, cheap service that usually does okay, but I think like a lot of stuff right now it's slower than normal. I had a similar experience with Ground Economy about a month ago, including sitting within easy driving distance for the better part of a week.

I contacted FedEx when my package fell off the radar, and they said only the shipper could open a claim. I then talked to the shipper, who said they have to wait until tracking hasn't moved for 7 business days. So while there might be something SOG can do, they probably can't do it yet -- and I like your odds of eventually getting your package, just with an emphasis on "eventually." ;)

Back