SOG Desert Dirk/Dagger

I’m looking for some advice.

i have a SOG Desert Dirk (I thought), but I might’ve seen seen it referred to as the Desert Dagger. I got it waaaay back when, early 90’s when SOG was starting up next door to my friend Ben’s house, in Edmonds, WA.

It’s in good shape, with the nylon sheath and nice factory edge. One minor problem: i did a half-asses-schoolkid attempt at a blade polish at some point in time.

I would like to get it fixed, or possibly a proper polish done by a professional.

Can anyone recommend someone who could do this work for me?

SOG actually started in 1986 in Santa Monica CA, and moved later to Edmonds, WA.
The Desert Dagger originally shipped with a nylon sheath then later a kydex one. Is this your knife?
If there is no damage to the blade, and polishing is all you need, that's something you can do yourself.
Sort of like a gun owner cleaning his own gun. But would like to see the condition of your knife.
Please post a photo or two so we can see the condition.
Upload your photo to a picture hosting site like imgur or others and post the link to your photo.
KCc7s3.jpg

I want to put my desert dagger for sale here but it has been in storage for years. I have one with the nylon sheath. Unused. What can I use to polish the blade?

I want to put my desert dagger for sale here but it has been in storage for years. I have one with the nylon sheath. Unused. What can I use to polish the blade?
Personally, I wouldn't do anything to it if you're selling.

The Desert Dagger is just a commercial model and not old enough to have any special value to the extent of "leaving it alone".
No problem with polishing it. There are several products available, but I use Flitz and Simichrome.

I’m looking for some advice.

i have a SOG Desert Dirk (I thought), but I might’ve seen seen it referred to as the Desert Dagger. I got it waaaay back when, early 90’s when SOG was starting up next door to my friend Ben’s house, in Edmonds, WA.

It’s in good shape, with the nylon sheath and nice factory edge. One minor problem: i did a half-asses-schoolkid attempt at a blade polish at some point in time.

I would like to get it fixed, or possibly a proper polish done by a professional.

Can anyone recommend someone who could do this work for me?
I live VERY near the SOG plant in Lynnwood, WA. SOG is now located on 216th just off highway 99. I go by the building frequently. I'm actually looking for a Desert Dagger. I had one a long time ago (14 years ago), but an ex happened to it. I have a few knives I could trade for it. I have a Gerber Mk. 1 c.1982 I would happily trade for your SOG. I do take care of knives and firearms as a side business and depending on how bad the damage is, I can fix it. Consider my offer though. Both knives are quite rare now. Both valued at about $300.

Back