SOG Folding Knives

MFO

Stay away from the folding SOG knives. If they have a clip and it is opposite end on the knife from the hinge, it is possible for the blade to partially open, and when retrieving an item from your pocket can slice or stab your hand.

Can you tell us with which specific SOG model(s) you have encountered this? I have a number of folders of various makers that have the clip at the opposite end of the pivot and have never experienced what you describe. Thanks.

Folding knives that employ an arc-lock or axis lock type mechanism really don't have any place to locate a pocket clip but opposite the blade hinge. I really don't find it to be a problem for me regardless of the manufacture.

Stay away from the folding SOG knives. If they have a clip and it is opposite end on the knife from the hinge, it is possible for the blade to partially open, and when retrieving an item from your pocket can slice or stab your hand.

MFO out of no where. Certainly this can happen. Any usually more when knife loose rather than clipped I think. Not sure why targeted SOG without more specifics.

Back