SOG Kiku XR

Hang on a bit longer and wait for the third week of January 2020 for the SHOT Show.

They didn't put out very much new products for 2019.

Thank you buddy! My bank account took some beating during the holidays, hopefully it will recover in time for Shot Show!

Please be aware that just because a product is shown at the SHOT Show.

Doesn't mean it will be available right away either.

It can take months for the new stuff to make it to dealers.

I visited SOG HQ in Lynnwood, WA yesterday (I work a couple of blocks away). They had the XR on display in their retail store. The knife feels very solid, a lot like a ZT folder, with a larger handle to fill the hand better. Action is very sweet - blade swings freely with good flicking action. The handle fills the hand nicely without being too large, and the blade is similar to the fixed blade Kiku, with a slightly sharper angle of curve throughout. I would expect it'll be heavily featured in knife SHOT coverage, and it's going to get a lot of compliments. I don't need anymore folders in that size range, but I'll probably end up buying one anyway. BTW, if anyone lives nearby, they've got a lot of knives and several of their multitools on sale at their retail store, the way they usually do during the holidays. They don't do phone sales, you have to visit, but it's worth the trip if you don't live too far away - I usually pick up several as gifts for Christmas.

Thank you guys for your replies! I saw black version Kiku XR on Blade HQ priced at $189.95 but it is out of stock now. Hopefully the other version will be available soon!!!

Does anyone know if the preorder from knifecenter is still open? I’ve heard of issues preordering from them.

Back