SOG Pictures

Chris@SOG

Okay everyone. Time to get your creative ideas flowing.

I have started a SOG photo group on Flickr. For those that do not know what Flickr is please see this(Flickr Tour). It is free to join and you can easily upload photos to share online.

Once you have joined, if you do not already have an account, start uploading images of your SOG knives and submit them to the SOG Group.

Maybe take a picture while out camping, maybe it is while fishing, maybe you like to cut fruit with you knife. What ever it is just upload images of a SOG knife and submit them to the group. In fact here is one that has already been added.

Think you can do better?

Once a month I will go through and pick a random picture and that person will be featured on the SOG blog and win a prize from SOG. I have not determined what the prizes will be but I'll send the winner something special from SOG.

Now get out there and start taking pictures!

sweet!
I'm in as soon as I get home. I take too many pics. I should have a few laying around from a while back.:D

Question from socintel: "One question, though... what keeps people from stealing other people's photos?"

Answer from NPH: an inability to right-click and "save picture as"

Cheers,

Carl

I just highlighted an image and selected "save image as" using Firefox browser. Worked fine.

I just highlighted an image and selected "save image as" using Firefox browser. Worked fine.

When it comes down to it, any image can be yanked off the intardweb though. All it takes is an atl+print screen.

When it comes down to it, any image can be yanked off the intardweb though. All it takes is an atl+print screen.
Exactly!
If they are that worried about somebody stealing their images they should avoid the internet and stick to the print medium. Hmmm wait a minute... scanners, photocopy machines, cameras...
:eek:
D'oh!
Maybe they should hide their images in a locked box
or under the bed
or in a vault (or pineapple? lol) under the sea
lol.
Or maybe they could just try to loosen up a little bit sheeesh...
:D

Well... my concern is more that someone will find a picture on the web, post it to the group, and win using someone else's labor.

Well... my concern is more that someone will find a picture on the web, post it to the group, and win using someone else's labor.
Ok i see your point.
But most pics posted online are pretty low res. Some contests i've seen ask for high res images of a specific file type which helps weed out the cheaters.
But unfortunately if someone really wants to cheat they will usually find a way.

Where there is a will, there's a way.

Look, if you scared somebody steals YOUR picture, then add a watermark over the subject of the photo and keep the original until your asked for it by SOG or who ever.

If your stealing somebody elses image and post it as your own, then SOG might use it somewhere (why else would they be asking for images), and eventually that person who took the photo originally (i'm just guessing that if he took a photo of a SOG knive, then he would BE into SOG knives - and would spot it quite easily),then you gonna have to deal with the issues that follow afterwards for plagiarism.

Nasty stuff! Now how do I get that damn watermark edited out....!?:p

If your stealing somebody elses image and post it as your own, then SOG might use it somewhere (why else would they be asking for images), and eventually that person who took the photo originally (i'm just guessing that if he took a photo of a SOG knive, then he would BE into SOG knives - and would spot it quite easily),then you gonna have to deal with the issues that follow afterwards for plagiarism.

We've seen exactly that happen here on BF. It's happened on ebay, too. People steal pics from online dealers and get asked, 'how come your actual picture of your actual knife has a X Company watermark on it?'

Elementary my dear Esav, elementary... So the point is, anybody wants to be stupid enough to rape somebody elses photos and slap them on Chris' photo group and claim it as their own if it is not - you'll probably get raped also.

Probitas - Fidelitas - Equitas!

Chris@sog,

I uploaded my pictures to the group... but it doesn't look like they show up unless I'm logged in (all the other ones show up, though). Did I upload them wrong? *confused*

(Maybe someone else could confirm this... I uploaded the Night Vision and Revolver pics.)

I have to approve all the image before they appear in the group. I try and do that everyday but sometimes I get busy and forget. So if you submit a picture give me a day or two to approve it. I will approve most everything I just want to make sure nothing horrible gets posted to the group.

Actually, socintel your images are showing up now. Go check it out.

About the stealing images. Yes it is quite easy to steal almost any image off of a website, what was stated before is good advice about adding a watermark to the image. If someone really has to go out and steal images to win something, most likely a hat or Micron, they really need to get a life. As for me using these images. I have no immediate plans for them and they will only be posted on the SOG website and you keep all rights to them. If I do find something of interest for use in advertising of a catalog, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

I hope this helps.

Back