1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

SOG Pictures

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by [email protected], Sep 11, 2007.

1. moiman

moiman

Jul 10, 2007
    What about something that was photoshopped?

2. Chris@SOG

[email protected] Moderator Moderator

Oct 21, 2003
    Not sure what you are referring to? Can you provide more information.

3. Culpeper

Culpeper Banned BANNED

Jul 1, 2007

He is referring to something like the one with the Scuba/Demo that has lights on each corner. That was added with Photoshop software. The other one is a black & white version to show the difference. The knife was actually scanned using a scanner and not photographed with a hand held camera. So, the colors on the blade are from the scanner light and not added in by Photoshop software. Photoshop allows a lot of things you can do to a picture. In the case of the "Photoshoped" Scuba/Demo I just added the "illumination" lights an the rest is reflection/refraction and so forth during the scanning process.

4. Chris@SOG

Oct 21, 2003
    I am not opposed to some one using photoshop to alter their image. I never said it had to be an unaltered image. I just wanted to get people involved and see what kind of creative photos we end up with.

5. socintel

socintel

Feb 11, 2005
    Just wanted to point out a quick typo (typo) on the SOG Knives FlickR group... I clicked the link and it took me to some spammy site.

[​IMG]

6. Robbie Roberson

Robbie Roberson

Dec 27, 2003
    Socintel, thanks for the heads up, it looks like the link is misspelled.......it spells......sogknvies.

Robbie Roberson ;)

7. Chris@SOG

Oct 21, 2003
    Thanks for the info

8. johnu2

johnu2

Jun 5, 2007
    This sounds like fun, I've added 2 photos to the group (just waiting for it to be approved).

9. Chris@SOG

Oct 21, 2003
    Approved. Nice photos by the way.

Also, of note I picked the first winner yesterday. It was Mr Skillz for his Twitch II with Peach. I'll pick another winner the beginning of November, so you have time to get some pictures.

10. Bobby B

Bobby B No more Mr. Knife-guy

May 18, 2001
    OK, I found a few kicking around on the hard drive and added them. Once Chris approves they'll be up too.:thumbup: