Sog S1 Seki

d762nato

Gold Member
Just curious as to if a few members have one or have used one very much. It has Vietnam 5th Special Forces group on the right side of the blade and Seki Japan on the other side at the hilt. It seems very well made and it quite thick but tapers nicely and is well balanced.

thumbnail-jpg.1201068

Yes I have had several and used some in the past, and they were well made. But since going out of production in 2006 the ones going around
now are all pretty much collector items.

You can read all about this model on my website:
http://hattoricollector.com/2015/09/25/sog-specialty-knives-and-others/
That's a great read Ken, and the makers sure made some beautiful blades. I wouldn't mine a recon bowie alsol they look nice but their up there as well. There are awesome blades for sure on that website, and Thanks for the link and info much appreciated.

Doug

Dam! Those sure are some beauties, Congrats very nice Vintage Seki Sog's. Thanks for the pics also.

While the S-1 is not the best kitchen knife, I have used mine a couple of times to slice up steak for fajitas, and to cut some veggies. And it sees occasional outdoor carry and use. I'm not a collector, I'm a knife user, and everything gets used for something occasionally. The S-1 is one of my favorite using knives. There's something about the horrified look on the face of a true collector when they see it in the field...

Back