Sog Seal Elite

I was just wanting to know if the Sog Seal Elite knife that is sold today is of the same military quality of the original. I believe that the original was made in the USA and I see the new ones are made in Taiwan. Are the blades made today still a heavy duty knife.

Thanks

The original SOG Seal 2000 was never made in the US. It was made in Seki Japan from 1995 to 2007. At least for the civilian market. There exists some evidence that it was in production earlier as it has been claimed to have been a USN SEALS issue knife in 1992. This is supported by the fact that it is on display along with other knives at the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce, Florida. It is reported to have passed the 2 week saltwater immersion test for corrosion, with the Aus6 blade undoubtedly playing a major role in this regard.
The Seal Team Elite is a post 2007 model manufactured in Taiwan with Aus8 based on the original Seal 2000, and is reported to be a robust
heavy duty knife by users. However it was never submitted for any military test as far as I am aware.

Last edited:
Back