SOG terminus xr problem?

Just received my SOG terminus xr D2 crimson knife and I am having problems moving the lock button back without tremendous pressure. Is the spring on these extra stiff and hard to pull back on? Thank you

How are you trying to move the XR lock? While the XR lock springs are stiffer than Benchmade's Omega Springs, the two Terminus XR in CTS-BDZ1 steel I've had no problems with.

How are you trying to move the XR lock? While the XR lock springs are stiffer than Benchmade's Omega Springs, the two Terminus XR in CTS-BDZ1 steel I've had no problems with.
im just pulling back with my thumb, hardly moves like the spring tension is too tight.

im just pulling back with my thumb, hardly moves like the spring tension is too tight.
Pulling with one finger is not recommended for XR lock springs or Omega Springs, as it makes it more difficult to operate and unevenly wears out the springs. To operate the XR Lock I would recommend you pinch the XR lock with your thumb and index finger, instead of just using your thumb. Due to the size of the Terminus XR, the end of the handle always seemed to be pressed against the palm of my hand, giving me additional leverage and stabilizing the knife when my thumb and index finger pulled on the XR Lock to manipulate it.

Unfortunately that is how I am doing it, which leads me to believe I do not have enough hand strenght to pull back the tab ALL the way back. Perhaps my hands are too small for this knife. It just seems to me that the spring has too much pressure for me to operate this particular lock system. Shame, I just bought it, but its no use to me if I cannot make it function. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Back