SOG Tigershark steel question

Greetings and apologies in advance, but I can’t figure out which vintage SOG Tigershark that I have. I’m trying to narrow the date down that I bought it new, but the best that I can say right now is sometime before 2005. The knife in question has the Square SOG Logo, it is (was) gray, serrated, kraton handle and came with a kydex sheath. Any thoughts as to what steel this one may have been made out of? Thanks.

Your Tigershark model S5 was made by Kinryu Corp of Seki for Sog Specialty Knives. The Tigershark was introduced in in the late 1980s but with a satin straight edged SK5 carbon steel blade shipped with a black leather sheath. Later a black blued version and a powder coated one
that shipped with a nylon sheath.
Your specific model is the last version introduced in the mid-late 1990s and made until 2008 using an Aus6 powder coated stainless either straight or partially serrated blade that shipped with a kydex sheath. Can not put an exact date on your knife, but I have seen photos of US troops in Iraq in 2003 with that same type SOG Kydex sheath which shipped with the Seal Pup.
I'm guessing your knife looks like this:
wX1tlT.jpg

Last edited:
Your Tigershark model S5 was made by Kinryu Corp of Seki for Sog Specialty Knives. The Tigershark was introduced in in the late 1980s but with a satin straight edged SK5 carbon steel blade shipped with a black leather sheath. Later a black blued version and a powder coated one
Your specific model is the last version introduced in the mid-late 1990s and made until 2008 using an Aus6 powder coated stainless either straight or partially serrated blade that shipped with a kydex sheath. Can not put an exact date on your knife, but I have seen photos of US troops in Iraq in 2003 with that same type SOG Kydex sheath which shipped with the Seal Pup.
wX1tlT.jpg
Yes, that’s it. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I kept getting conflicting information. Much obliged.

wX1tlT.jpg
Yes, that’s it. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I kept getting conflicting information. Much obliged.

Back