• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD: 154CM, Phenolics Utility Hunter

redsquid2

Красивы Поросенок
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This was hand-made, and the spines and ricassos are not perfectly smooth. The imperfections are visible in the pictures. Nevertheless, this one turned out nicer than many that I have made in the past. I hate to part with it.

Blade Length: 4 7/16"
Handle Length: 4 3/4"
Overall Length: 9 3/16"
Spine thickness: ~.171"
Steel: 154CM, heat treated by Peters', 61 HRC
Knife weight: 8.2 oz.
Sheath weight: 2.9 oz.

Handle: Camo Richlite, chili red canvas phenolic liners, stainless pins and tube, G-Flex epoxy. I up-sized the handle to work better with a larger hand. It is also contoured for comfort and versatility.

Balance point is just behind the front pin.

50879603626_9c76130c94_b.jpg

50879602151_035f8ef9dc_b.jpg

50879698262_c187ab9a61_b.jpg

50878890798_3f7d67d6ee_b.jpg

50879598931_5e38ab932a_b.jpg

50879599031_75f7998e19_b.jpg

I am asking $135 $115, which includes Priority Shipping in USA. The first "I'll take it" gets it. Any questions, please feel free to ask, and thank you for looking.

Last edited:
Nice knife, for a good price.

Thank you Scott. That means a lot coming from you.

I just have doubts about the weight of the handle. It is practically indestructible, but because of the density of the phenolics, it also weighs a lot. However... if I remove material from the handle, people will say, "I have big hands, and I want a handle that fills my hand."

Thank you Scott. That means a lot coming from you.

I just have doubts about the weight of the handle. It is practically indestructible, but because of the density of the phenolics, it also weighs a lot. However... if I remove material from the handle, people will say, "I have big hands, and I want a handle that fills my hand."
Maybe consider two things one is taper the tang the other drill skeleton holes in the tang, that might work.

How much does it weigh? I had a Benchmade 162, which I gave to my daughter, because she liked it so much. I am interested.

Thank you for your interest. The knife itself is 8.2 oz. Add the sheath and the whole package is 11.1 oz. The Benchmade 162 weighs 7.7 oz., and with the OEM leather sheath is 10.4 oz.

Last edited:
I meant to say I'lltake it, tell me where to send the funds.

If you don’t have PayPal, you must deliver cash in person to a friend of mine who is house sitting somewhere in Italy. First go to the US embassy in Rome. Ask for Craig Woodruff. Tell the receptionist Giacomo sent you. Mr Woodruff will come down to the lobby and say, “You must be Ugly Yellow Cat.” Simply nod your head and follow him into the elevator and upstairs. You will be asked for a password, which is “libel perspicacious orca.” You will then receive further instructions. Good luck!

That's funny stuff...libel perspicacious orca? Oh yeah, what does spm mean?

If you don’t have PayPal, you must deliver cash in person to a friend of mine who is house sitting somewhere in Italy. First go to the US embassy in Rome. Ask for Craig Woodruff. Tell the receptionist Giacomo sent you. Mr Woodruff will come down to the lobby and say, “You must be Ugly Yellow Cat.” Simply nod your head and follow him into the elevator and upstairs. You will be asked for a password, which is “libel perspicacious orca.” You will then receive further instructions. Good luck!
It sounds like fun! Next time I am in Milan, I will fly in and out through Rome!

Back