1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

SOLD 7.5" AEB-L Gyuto in Spalted Asian Ebony and African Blackwood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by Robert Erickson, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Hey all,
    This one is just off the bench and ready for service. It's AEB-L steel heat treated to RC62 with cryo treatment. The handle is Spalted Asian Ebony and African Blackwood bolsters that look terrific together. It has black and white liners and black pins for a classy touch. It's just the right size for all your everyday home cooking needs. Here are the specs:

SPECS:
    OAL: 320mm (12.5")
    BLADE: 190mm (7.5") long, 50mm (1.97") heel height. The blade has been hand sanded to 800 grit. The grind is compound full flat/convex. The edge is down to 0.007" before sharpening. The spine and choil are rounded for comfort.
    STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") AEB-L stainless steel heat treated to RC62 with cryo treatment.
    HANDLE: Spalted Asian Ebony with African Blackwood bolsters. Black and white G10 liners/pinstripe and black pins.
    Price: $275 Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome shipping extra.
    Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
    Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
    Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
    Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bmurray, Brock Cutlery, GeofS and 5 others like this.
  2. milkbaby

milkbaby

Aug 1, 2016
    I know that I sound like a broken record, but beautiful knife as always and a steal of a deal at the asking price for whomever buys it!

Robert Erickson likes this.
  3. _ben

_ben

Dec 21, 2015
    Digging the new logo on the blades

4. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you Mark, I appreciate it!

Thanks! My daughter designed it and I'm liking it as well!

5. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Have one of these in CPM154 but I’m looking for something a little smaller. As always another beauty!;)

6. Robert Erickson

Feb 2, 2014
    Thank you! What length and profile?