• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 7.5" XHP K-Tip Gyuto with African Blackwood and Amboyna Burl

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Happy New Year!
To start the new year I'm putting this nimble K-Tip Gyuto up for sale. It balances right at the ferrule cap and weighs in at just 182 grams (6.4 oz). The handle is African Blackwood with a "Warlock" streak of sapwood. The ferrule is some gorgeous Amboyna Burl accented by black and natural micarta spacers. The steel is CTS-XHP that is heat treated to RC62 which included LN cryo.
This one will make a beautiful workhorse for all your chopping chores.

SPECS:
OAL: 360mm (14")
BLADE: 190mm (7.5") long, 49mm (1.9") heel height. The blade has been hand sanded to 600 grit. The grind is compound full flat/convex. The edge is down to 0.005" before sharpening. The spine and choil are rounded for comfort.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") CTS-XHP stainless steel heat treated to RC62.
HANDLE: African Blackwood with a warlock stripe of sapwood and Amboyna Burl ferrule. The cap is black G10 and the spacers are black and natural micarta.
Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS, international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

H5RCuufl.jpg

vTlpAzAl.jpg

69AxTC0l.jpg

94Lhbn3l.jpg

KYvYuCZl.jpg

YRUCY1Xl.jpg

kqCw0eSl.jpg

lLB6lHTl.jpg

CdMbqBJl.jpg

Last edited: