• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD! 7 Inch Nakiri - Kraken's Reach Sculpt - Sean Alonzo

Definitley in love with doing this style of knife. This one's up for grabs on my website! Price is 875USD.
If you get from me here, it's free shipping exclusively for you Bladeforums knife nerds! Reach me here or by email at baleteblades@gmail.com

Probably one of my favorite blade styles to use and make. The Nakiri was originally designed for Vegetable processing, but its versatility makes it an amazing all-around kitchen tool.
Screenshot_2.jpg
FEATURES:
- Blade Steel: ATS-34 High carbon stainless steel. Cryogenically frozen & triple tempered to 63 HRC.
- Blade Dimensions: 7inches x 2 inches. High-ground double bevel. Distal Taper - 3mm thick at the ricasso, tapering down to 1.5mm at the tip
- Handle Detail: Brass bolster, Carbon fiber spacer, Stabilized Maple burl, Stabilized spalted Box Elder burl - Japanese Octagon "Wa" style handle
- Encapsulated Sculpture: Hand sculpted sterling silver skull, Bullet shell brass tentacles, Freshwater pearl

Screenshot_10.jpg
Ground to a sharp "Zero Bevel", with my modern take on the "Kurochi" hammer texture.

Screenshot_4.jpg
Wood-hybrid handle - Teal-dyed stabilized Maple burl, Black Box elder burl, & sea-green dyed clear epoxy resin encapsulating one of my hand-sculpted figures.

Screenshot_5.jpg
A sterling silver half-jaw skull biting a medium luster freshwater pearl. Bulletshell brass tentacles wrapping around the skull's base.

Screenshot_6.jpg
With a light Sea-green tint on the clear epoxy resin, it's as if you're seeing the figure underwater.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
IG: @baleteblades
FB: Balete Blades - Sean Alonzo

Back