• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* 8” Western Chef Knife, Black Ash Burl Handle.

Joshua Fisher

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
A626707D-2553-4A85-9A7B-C548C0507A41.jpeg CD2A1FFF-0AB5-4C32-9B4B-AA73EDA73C3D.jpeg F852EDFD-1696-498A-92BC-AAD7AD0F6B08.jpeg DE7713A3-C92E-44A7-94EE-99E922D3170E.jpeg
I have one of my western chef knives available today, this one is with some premium stabilized black ash burl on black g10 liners. The blade is made from 3/32” 8670 high carbon steel, this is a high nickel steel that is incredibly tough and takes a great edge. The blade length is 8” and has a good belly for rocking on a cutting board and is hollow ground to aid in food release and provide a thin cutting edge. The handle is 4.5” long and is very ergonomic and comfortable in hand. Price is $240, payment can be sent to edgeknifeworks@gmail.com on PayPal G&S, price includes shipping and a lifetime warranty. The blade will come in a wooden box for shipping and storage.

That is a nice chefs knife. Can you get knives like this wet and just wipe dry with no ill effect on the wood/steel?
It is a high carbon steel so if it’s left in water it can rust but I use a high carbon steel chef knife I made everyday and have not once had rust form on it, I just hand wash after use then immediately wipe dry with a microfiber cloth. I occasionally oil both the blade and handle with mineral oil to help preserve the wood. I store my knives on a magnetic knife block so they are easy to access and don’t get any moisture trapped on the blade. Worst case of you do get rust you can just take a scotchbrite pad and scrub the blade with the grind lines and it will remove rust spots easily.

Beautiful! You don't by any chance do a smaller version of this do you?
I can definitely make a smaller version, what size blade would you want? It usually takes me 1-2 weeks for custom orders like this.

View attachment 1388790 View attachment 1388791 View attachment 1388792 View attachment 1388793
I have one of my western chef knives available today, this one is with some premium stabilized black ash burl on black g10 liners. The blade is made from 3/32” 8670 high carbon steel, this is a high nickel steel that is incredibly tough and takes a great edge. The blade length is 8” and has a good belly for rocking on a cutting board and is hollow ground to aid in food release and provide a thin cutting edge. The handle is 4.5” long and is very ergonomic and comfortable in hand. Price is $240, payment can be sent to edgeknifeworks@gmail.com on PayPal G&S, price includes shipping and a lifetime warranty. The blade will come in a wooden box for shipping and storage.

Oh, that's nice! How tall is the bolster on that thing?
Thank you, it is just under 2” wide from the spine down to the heel. I can make these with just about any handle material if you were possibly interested in a custom order.

I'm sorry, just the handle part.
I can measure my template in the morning but from memory I think the handle at the front bolster is about 1” wide. I also can make a variation of this style of knife and alter the width if you wanted something wider or narrower.

Back