• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD! 8.25 Inch Gyuto - Samurai Sculpt - Sean Alonzo

One of the crazier pieces I've been working on this month. This one's up for grabs on my website! Price is 720USD. If you get from me here, it's free shipping exclusively for you Bladeforums knife nerds! Reach me here or my email at baleteblades@gmail.com

A well-balanced extension of your hand. This Gyuto style chef knife is a BEAST when it comes to versatility. Ground to a wicked sharp edge and textured with my own version of the classic "Kuroichi" finish.

IMG_20200304_150602_607 (1).jpg

Balanced right at the ricasso area with a nice weight behind the heel, it's an absolute pleasure to work with.

IMG_20200305_231647.jpg

I've been fascinated with iconic cultural figures, and there's just something about the Samurai Kabuto helmet that I just love.

IMG_20200305_232338.jpg

Reminding us of ideals like intensity, commitment, & discipline, the Samurai Kabuto helmet is easily one of the most recognizable figures in Japanese culture - it's not just a pretty embellishment on a good knife, but rather a reminder of these ideals that we can strive to live up to. Fitting that it goes on a Chef Knife, don't you think?

IMG_20200305_232028.jpg

KNIFE FEATURES:
- Blade Steel: ATS-34 High Carbon Stainless Steel (63HRC)
- Blade Dimensions: 8.25inches x 2 inches. Double Bevel - 3mm thick, distal tapering to 1.5mm behind the beak. Rounded spine & choil.
- Handle Detail: Octagon "Wa" style handle - Tapered brass bolster, Carabao Horn Spacer, Stabilized Amboyna burl.
- Encapsulated Sculpture: Samurai Kabuto Helmet in bullet shell brass, Katana in 99.9% pure silver, encapsulated in honey dyed Clear Epoxy Resin.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!
IG: @baleteblades
FB: Balete Blades - Sean Alonzo

IMG_20200305_233925.jpg

Knife received (3/13/2020, in 4 days!) and it is great! Thank you Sean!

Last edited:
Back