• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Sold: A Stout Bird and Trout

John Cahoon

JWC Custom Knives
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Greetings everyone! Here’s a stout little bird and trout ready to find a new home. I hope you like it.

Steel is .2” 5160 so it can take a lot of abuse if needs be for such a little package. Professional HT 59/60 hand, sanded to P2000 grit for a highly reflective satin finish.

The big dipper feature is created by tiny drill taps filled with dyed marine grade epoxy applied with a bobby pin, it then settles into a dome shape. I’ve swung hundreds of chops on a much larger blade and they don’t move.

Edge before sharpening was about .015” and the blade glides through phone book paper, leather, rope etc. Balances right on the front pin.

Dimensions: 8 1/4” OAL, Tip to Scales 3 7/8” Width 15/16”

Mesquite scales sanded to 1200 grit with black and red fiber liners and stainless 3/32” pins. The handle feels great in my average sized hand. Hand finished with multiple coats of Danish oil and carnauba wax.

Only Sold for this one via paypal, check or MO, including fees and free shipping in the US. Thanks so much for looking and please feel free to ask anything here or via PM.
18-3 1a.JPG 18-3 2.JPG 18-3 3.JPG 18-3 4.JPG
John Cahoon

Last edited:
Thanks shoegazer, it is for you sir

Back