• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

*SOLD* AEB-L Gyuto with Spalted Mango Burl

Robert Erickson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi all,
The "shelter in place" order here in Michigan has forced us to not eat out and cook more at home. I'm not sure how it is where you all live but if you're going to cook at home you might as well use a beautiful instrument. This one is AEB-L heat treated to RC61-62 including LN cryo. The handle material is stabilized Spalted Mango Burl that is absolutely beautiful.
It's well balanced and has a total weight of 7.5 oz. The grind is full flat with convex toward the edge which is down to 0.007" before sharpening.

SPECS:
OAL: 340mm (13.5")
BLADE: 210mm (8.375") long, 52mm (2") heel height. It has been hand finished to 600grit. The grind is full flat with convex towards the edge which is down to 0.007" before sharpening.
STEEL: 2.5mm (0.098") AEB-L stainless steel heat treated to RC61-62 including LN cryo.
HANDLE: Stabilized Spalted Mango Burl and black and OD green G10 liners.
Price: $SOLD Shipped CONUS
international buyers welcome, shipping extra.
Paypal, checks or money orders accepted.
Post "I'll take it" here in this thread and then PM or email me for arrangements.
Comments/Questions/Critiques welcome.
Thanks for looking!

nbpx0W7l.jpg

hLHt40Ul.jpg

ZhY3bvsl.jpg

Kre3bkdl.jpg

Es4GX4ul.jpg

3tTxujkl.jpg

gNAaSHCl.jpg

ewrPmUzl.jpg

Last edited:
I love the look of this thing! Do you do anything in m4 or m390?
Thanks a lot!
I have used both of those steels before and am comfortable with them. It comes down to availability of those steels in the correct length and thickness. Shoot me an email if you'd like and we can discuss options.

Back