• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

~SOLD~ Another Friction Folder CPM 20CV + Brown Burlap Micarta

The_Iron_Joe

Knifemaker, Jeweller. Custom Books Open!
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
~SOLD~

Hello again, everyone. This time around I'm working through some stock of brown burlap micarta!

Huh, deja vu...

Well, this is the last knife I'm able to get out for sale this year. It's just the same as the last one I posted, made from the same batch of materials.

Some specs are below, followed by pictures.

Blade steel; CPM 20CV
Blade stock thickness; 3mm // 1/8"
Blade length; 3" from tip to edge of handle
Handle material; Brown Burlap Micarta
Handle length; 4.25"
Hardware; Stainless steel
(Two T15 Torx Keys Included)

I'm asking $230 CAD (~$181 USD as of writing), insured and tracked shipping included to anywhere in North America. If you live elsewhere, different shipping rates can be determined and we'll adjust the price accordingly.

I'll have this listed in other places, so this thread will be updated if it happens to sell elsewhere.

Thanks for looking!

AbHIxw9.jpg

EezeRQd.jpg

Kf5Mloi.jpg

Last edited:
I have never had a friction folder, always thought they weren't the most safe or practical, but yours look very nice indeed. I would do the $181. USD by way of Pay-Pal G&S if that is acceptable to you. I will check for your response in the morning and send the funds if accepted. If so, please provide your information for sending payment. Thanks for your time.

I have never had a friction folder, always thought they weren't the most safe or practical, but yours look very nice indeed. I would do the $181. USD by way of Pay-Pal G&S if that is acceptable to you. I will check for your response in the morning and send the funds if accepted. If so, please provide your information for sending payment. Thanks for your time.

Its definitely a solid piece!!!! I've had no issues with it!!! He also sends Allen wrenches to adjust the tightness to your comfort level... Top notch maker and blade!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210824_125555.jpg
    IMG_20210824_125555.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210824_125543.jpg
    IMG_20210824_125543.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 21
Its definitely a solid piece!!!! I've had no issues with it!!! He also sends Allen wrenches to adjust the tightness to your comfort level... Top notch maker and blade!!!!!
Have to agree, with included tools very easy to adjust. although a maker from Canada no worries in shipping to USA. Perfect communication during the build, wish all makers were this on top of things.

Thanks a ton, guys. šŸ˜€ I aim to please!

S Shotgun37 I've sent a DM with payment info, thanks!

* Apparently just used up the last of my available messages to send, I'll need to check on that.

Just sent the funds via Pay-Pal G&S, please let me know when received. My shipping information is listed with my Pay-Pal account, let me know if there are any issues.

I will let you know when the knife arrives and then do the " Transaction Review", sorry for any inconvenience or delay!

Also, to jfk1110 and woodysone, thanks for the input guys!!

* Apparently just used up the last of my available messages to send, I'll need to check on that.

Just sent the funds via Pay-Pal G&S, please let me know when received. My shipping information is listed with my Pay-Pal account, let me know if there are any issues.

I will let you know when the knife arrives and then do the " Transaction Review", sorry for any inconvenience or delay!

Also, to jfk1110 and woodysone, thanks for the input guys!!
Payment received! I'll ship the knife out next time I can get to a post office in a day or two. Thanks for the business!

Do you have the means to make one in horn? Maybe ram or buffalo?
I've actually not worked with horn / bone before, but I'll keep my eye out for material suitable for machining!

I came back here looking to see if 1, you did commissions, and 2, if you could do one if these is edge cut vintage micarta. That would sure tempt me!
I sure do accept commissions, though tracking down vintage edge cut micarta might be tricky, not a material I see popping up often. Though I've seen modern edge cut G10, carbon fiber and micarta options.

I think we should probably discuss these things further in direct messages instead of the "For Sale" forum, though. šŸ˜›

* Tried to leave a review on my purchase of this knife a week or so ago. There apparently was a glitch and in checking , the only thing that posted was the in the " Short Review" line, with nothing in the "Comment" section. No way of addressing the issue apparently and the program will not allow me to post anything further on the purchase. In fairness to the seller/knife maker, I'm posting my review here.

As stated earlier in this thread I have never owned or handled a "Friction Folder" before, and now having one, I am very happy with knife and the build quality!!!

Communication on the purchase and shipping information was great. Shipping of the knife was quick, packaged well for transit and arrived exactly as had been described. The fit, finish, attention to detail and overall quality are great and the knife feels very good in hand. Very happy with all aspects of the transaction and knife. Highly recommend!!!

* Tried to leave a review on my purchase of this knife a week or so ago. There apparently was a glitch and in checking , the only thing that posted was the in the " Short Review" line, with nothing in the "Comment" section. No way of addressing the issue apparently and the program will not allow me to post anything further on the purchase. In fairness to the seller/knife maker, I'm posting my review here.

As stated earlier in this thread I have never owned or handled a "Friction Folder" before, and now having one, I am very happy with knife and the build quality!!!

Communication on the purchase and shipping information was great. Shipping of the knife was quick, packaged well for transit and arrived exactly as had been described. The fit, finish, attention to detail and overall quality are great and the knife feels very good in hand. Very happy with all aspects of the transaction and knife. Highly recommend!!!
Thanks so much for doubling back to provide feedback, I really appreciate it. And thanks for the kind words!

Definitely a solid piece right....Oozes quality!!! Enjoy your new blade!! Post a pic for us!!!

Back