• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD. Big fulltang handmade chopper 12in. Carbon fiber handle.

giedymin

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi guys i have this blade for sale.
Price - 270$ (without sheath and shipping) Shipping to US ~60$

31cm of Cutting Edge ~12in
47cm overall length ~19in
0,26 in thick NZ3 carbon tool steel,

Handle materials - SS, CF and vulcanized fiber

3c4d.jpg
wwqt.jpg
eqhq.jpg
b82i.jpg
2mt1.jpg
c5wr.jpg
8k8s.jpg
d3lj.JPG
mnc4.jpg

For contact please PM or e-mail me (giedymin_kapuscinski@o2.pl). To find more pics of my blades please visit my thread here on BF http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/924093-Giedymins-big-knives/page5 or my website
giedyminsbigblades.awsome.pl
Regards

Last edited:
love the look! but you need to update your membership to sell on the forum.

Thanks, I've just paid .... Should be updated soon.

Great looking chopper
and you have to update your membership yourself
they will not do it for you
again --sweet chopper

That is awesome! I love the grind, and if this was one week ago I would have probably have bought it (just blew my knife budget)... I will be keeping an eye out for future sales. Great work :thumbup:

Impressive blade!
I am not familiar with NZ3 steel. What other steel would it compare to (1095, 5160, W2)?
Thanks!

Yes. The NZ3 high alloy tool steel is something like AISI S1. But with more carbon. So it's really tough steel. Small grain steel, high hardenability. The impact resistance is just incredible. Also quite hard. I try to obtain >57RC for bigger blades like this and more for smaller ones. Keeps the edge very good. Great steel in my opinion especially for big blades. I would compare it with AISI L6 (properties as the composition is different) or even better;) from what i heard. Though it rusts quite easily....
Definitely better than 5160 and other simple spring steels.
Regards
PS. In the near future i will have few 1075 blades for sale and so far after making couple of samples i can already say that NZ3 is much much tougher (even with differential HT 1075), but its vary hard to obtain any hamon activity on it. Anyway for blades longer than 10in this will be always my first choice. Never let me down so far if proper heat treated.

I really dig this blade and your sheaths. Do you do any kydex?

Just went through your website - some fine big knives you have made there!!

I really like your knives I own the Shai Hulud Fighter It's one of my favorite knives. The handle and finish on it is amazing.
This one is no different great work who Ever is lucky to get it will be very happy.:thumbup:

Back