• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD Forged 80CRV2 Wrap over Micarta Camp Chopper

Bailey Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
So, I am a little hesitant to let this one go. I really like it, it's balance and lightweight design make it easy to carry around, and it cuts like a lightsaber as you will see in the video, if you watch it till the end.

It was forged out of 80crv2 and then antiqued and blued using permatex superblue. It is razor sharp and the finish is fairly durable.

The handle is some black linen micarta held on with pins and epoxy, under a hemp wrap. The whole thing was coated in epoxy to make it solid, but lightweight. It balances right where the index finger fits behind the turks head knot.

The sheath is kydex, with a leather belt loop that can be moved from side to side in order to allow for right or left hand carry. It can also just be removed and the knife can be lashed to a pack through the milled slots.

Dimensions
Blade - 9 7/8" tip to knot
OAL - 17 1/8"

Price - $325 shipped to US. I will ship internationally for an additional fee. I have this knife posted elsewhere, so the first timestamp saying "I'll take it, gets it.

IMG_0682 by matthew bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0683 by matthew bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0684 by matthew bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0685 by matthew bailey, on Flickr

IMG_0686 by matthew bailey, on Flickr

Sorry about the sound, or lack thereof. Check out the confused look on my face when I swing it, I thought for a second that I missed or didn't completely cut through the container.

Back