• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

SOLD, Forty 4" Boot Daggers, Delta 3V

3, 2, 1, refresh... spinning ball, spinning ball, spinning ball, spinning ball, spinning ball...Stall. Yep, something has changed somewhere between my laptop and BF. There will be another sale or two in this pattern for us all to stab at. Not like I was going to rush right out and cut stuff with it. Good Job to all those who got in. Looks like a very cool blade.

Last edited:
Due to limited quantities please limit one knife order per post.

This is our new Boot Dagger pattern. It won't be a standard pattern. Our run of these will yield about 100 knives. This is the first big sale. We will have another big sale of these in a month or two, please check our "Next Sale" thread on our Carothers Performance Knives sub forum here for updates.

2Gu00yW.jpg

GLbFLdL.jpg

mTxZI7n.jpg

p7ya3Ww.jpg

DNDIcV3.jpg

0L9qHWC.jpg

rlcSXfg.jpg

qFsNqR3.jpg

I've been wanting to do this project for a long time. Let me tell you about this little dagger.

Delta 3V, HRC 60.5
Blade length 4.438" from tip to guard
Blade width .9"
Total length 8.69"
Thickness at ricasso .205"
Sharpened 20 DPS
Black on black micarta (canvas or linen)
heat darkened titanium screws
Engineered skeletonized tang
4.9 oz, balances 7/8" behind guard

Edge thickness before sharpening tapers from .015" at ricasso to .010" at point
Edge thickness behind the edge after sharpening is under .025" at ricasso and over .030" at point.

I tapered the edge thickness before sharpening down towards the point to compensate for the complex interaction of the intersection of the edge bevel with the primary grind as the primary grind changes along the length of the blade.

The grind starts out as a severe hollow grind at the plunge. It is a 1 1/2" radius there (3" hollow grind) but grows in diameter becoming a flat grind at the point. Also, the grind is twisted becoming more obtuse at the point to create a reinforced point. Otherwise the tip of a deep grind like this is extremely weak. My point is very strong. The goal with this design was to create a very sharp double edge straight razor geometry at the plunge with a stout armor piercing point reinforced with a strong center rib that runs the length of the dagger. This dagger will shave the hair off a fly and also defeat Kevlar body armor.

The handle is designed for a saber grip and a reverse grip. In the saber grip the butt fits in the palm of your hand. In the reverse grip your thumb fits over the end of the dagger. When held in a saber grip you can hold it like a regular knife with your thumb and index finger in the finger choils, or you can turn it 90 degrees with the blade horizontal as a traditional main gauche is held. When held like a main gauche there are deep jimping milled that give good positive traction to your thumb tip.

We kept the handle as thin and trim as possible considering this is not a general purpose cutting tool, it is a concealed weapon. But we kept a lot of well thought out geometry between the blade and your hand to keep your hand safe. Also the handle is not overly rounded, it indexes positively in your hand. The tactile feel of the deep thumb jimping scallop is unmistakable and easily identified without looking.

Price is $375, no sheath
Shipping adds $13 (does not increase with multiples)
Comes with very good black on black canvas micarta. Change to black on black linen micarta add $20. <--- limited quantity
A

Back